download attachments on iphone

Hello to all,

I uploaded a video in an Evernote Desktop note.
When I see that note with Evernote on Iphone how do I save that video on my phone? And also how do I export that video to other applications (whatsapp, drive, email, etc.)

Thank you so much and scuasate for my english

• Level 5*

Hi.  When your video is uploaded to Evernote,  it is stored on Evernote's servers until the iPhone looks for that note.  The video will not be downloaded automatically,  but you should be able to open and save it locally on your phone.  Once it is saved on the phone you can treat it like a normal file and share it on social media.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

but you should be able to open and save it locally on your phone.

Just runs on my iPhone, no save option that I can see.  Different on Android?

• Level 5*

Yeah - I can download a PDF or picture locally;  which I need to do (I think) to share it on Social unless you want to share the entire content of the note to which it is attached...

• Level 5*
On 4/30/2018 at 8:15 AM, r_ziliani said:

I uploaded a video in an Evernote Desktop note.
When I see that note with Evernote on Iphone how do I save that video on my phone? And also how do I export that video to other applications (whatsapp, drive, email, etc.)

This is handled better by the desktop apps.

On the iPhone, you can mail the entire note to yourself.  Using the email, you can extract the video.

The latest IOS version offers drag and drop, but that's more of an  iPad Pro splitscreen thing.

I do not understand why for other attachments (pdf, images) there is the possibility to save on the iphone while for example video and audio notes is not possible.
But you can not even share the attachment for example in google drive!
It's an important limitation in my opinion.
Your solution works however this way both has a double consumption of data traffic (sending by email and then downloading again) and time. 

Thanks a lot anyway

I found the solution: with the application downloaded on iPhone 'Aloha Browser' (but maybe it works also with others) there is the possibility to open the note in web version and through that application download it on the device!
Thank you all :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am facing a similar issue. I am trying to replace my MacBook with an iPad. I have one textbook for school in a note, and it is rather large: 791 pages and about 89 MB of space. It opens just fine on the MacBook and I even have the option of opening it in Acrobat Reader. With iOS, it seems my only option is to open it in Preview, which freezes for 20 seconds and then aborts. I cannot find a way either to open it directly in Reader (which also might abort; I do not know) or to save it locally, but how do I do that? Tapping on the book opens it in Preview, and long-tapping on it selects it to move it around. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Marty

• Level 5*

There is a share menu but you probably can't get to it because of the abort.

You could copy the web link and view the note in a browser.  Try opening the pdf in the browser.

That was very workaround-ish but it did work — I thank you. Chrome was able to view it, and to post it to Dropbox, which in turn was able to open it in Acrobat Reader after I renamed it (Chrome gave it a generic name). Oddly, I could not open the EN web app in Chrome. That seems like a needless restriction.

Thanks again

3F25C75A-509D-4050-94CB-3E94433F167F.png

Archived