6.2.5.3244 Public BUG

I downloaded the latest version today and every time I close out of Evernote, I have to reinstall the program to get back into the program.  I have had to reinstall it three times today alone. Can this please be fixed quickly?

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's unlikely that this can be 'fixed' since (AFAIK) most other folks have managed to install the app successfully.  It sounds like the process didn't work so well for you.  Sometimes there's a copy of the actual installation package left on your desktop,  and clicking on that 'reinstalls' the package each time,  even though it is actually already installed on your system.  Do you start Evernote by clicking the icon?  Or by finding the app in the start menu of your computer?

If starting Evernote from the All Apps menu doesn't work on your system,  please sync your account,  then File > Exit Evernote and uninstall / restart / reinstall Evernote on your system.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Momofthrees said:

I downloaded the latest version today and every time I close out of Evernote, I have to reinstall the program to get back into the program.  I have had to reinstall it three times today alone. Can this please be fixed quickly?

I'd recommend contacting support and opening a ticket      Contact Evernote Support    

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Momofthrees said:

It happened to me as well.  If I remember correctly to fix it, once EN was running I:

1. Did a File - Exit
  2. Unpinned EN from the task bar.
  3. Started EN from the shortcut on the desktop
  4. Pinned EN at that point.

THanks csihilling!  I think the problem is that it's not shutting totally. I have had to shut out of it to get the left hand list of tags to resort and if I wait about 3-4 minutes it will reopen, but if I try to go right back in, it will not.  This new version seems to be "not responding" a great deal more than the version I had before as well.

• Level 5*

2 hours ago, Momofthrees said:

THanks csihilling!  I think the problem is that it's not shutting totally. I have had to shut out of it to get the left hand list of tags to resort and if I wait about 3-4 minutes it will reopen, but if I try to go right back in, it will not.  This new version seems to be "not responding" a great deal more than the version I had before as well.

Glad it worked.  FYI, I haven't noticed any performance issues.  If you like you can hold the Ctrl key while pressing the Help option in the menu bar.  Then press Recreate Full Text Search Index.  That may speed up your system.   

Archived