Enhancement: Open Evernote note links on iOS in Evernote app, not Safari

kan0ne

Idea

When I get a mail with an Evernote note link (e.g. for a reminder; https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/nl/2071628/...) it opens in Safari where I most of the time have to login into Evernote (as the login expires after 30 days). The current iOS however allows to open specific URLs directly in the corresponding app (e.g. Wikipedia links in the Wikipedia app, Amazon links in the Amazon app etc.). IMHO this behavior would be excellent for Evernote on iOS, too.

22 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, enki said:

It's easier with workflow to obtain the internal link and after paste in your text, note , reminder ecc

I'm a fan of the Workflow app on IOS, and Automator/AppleScript on Macs

>>But is not what we want and you know this.

I don't know what you want.  I'm trying to not be obtuse
Please explain what you want

@enki's linked workflow and @DTLow's suggestions both work to generate a callback link that can be attached elsewhere. An OmniFocus note in my case. Clicking the link from OmniFocus on either Mac or iOS WILL open the note within the Evernote app.

Huge improvement although honestly it should be the default behavior for Evernote. I don't know why anyone would want to use the web ui. 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, enki said:

open in reminders

We're getting off topic

Yes, IOS reminders have some limitations; have you tried Evernote Reminders

It works in other apps like notes or calendar for ios, but not with remembers. It is more elegant to can choice share > private link, public link or internal link and open in reminders.... Sometimes I need to paste more links notes in one reminder and it is impossible. I have to paste it in a ios note and say to siri to remember me about that note (siri it doesn't work with evernote). 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, enki said:

paste it in reminders, this link will not works.

I'm more of a Mac user; my reminders have active links to notes in Evernote   594fe3068cae0_ScreenShot2017-06-25at09_19_49.png.1c8817e7aeefa06483405594ce550737.png

In IOS the Reminders app shows the note field and I can record a URL, but the urls don't function as active links

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, sreed1927 said:

As I've explained the link needs to go inside Fantastical 2 and not within Evernote.

My point #3 Retrieve the classic link to post into Fantasical 3

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't know what you want.  I'm trying to not be obtuse
Please explain what you want

Open a note in ios Reminders it will generate a external link (pubblic or private. If you obtain a internal link with your method or workflow method and after paste it in reminders, this link will not works. All this becouse Evernote reminders sucks and becouse I use add reminders from other apps not only Evernote. You know how easy is to say hei siri remember me this note tomorrow?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, sreed1927 said:

Please tell me how to generate the 'classic' link inside of IOS Evernote app.  At this point, I do not think this is possible.  This is what we need assistance with.

I've shown how to retrieve the note link using the share menu

I've explained the private link pastes as a "classic link" within Evernote
I also showed how to retrieve this pasted classic link

@enki suggested an alternative method using the Workflow app

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, sreed1927 said:

The original problem was posting a link inside of the Reminders or Fantastical app and have it open the Evernote IOS note rather than a webpage.

My answer is to use a classic in-app link (evernote:///view.....)
instead of a browser link (htps:,,,)

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, enki said:

Ah, it is not exactly what we ask

I can work on a clearer answer if you restate your question
Your original post was "I can't find the third "Classic" on my iPad. Are you sure that you can do this on ios?"

If your question is:     how to obtain note links on an iPadIMG_1738.thumb.PNG.49cc7e854365780f53497b59d19149a1.PNG
Use the share menu

• Level 5*

In IOS, I select the private link
It works as the classic link, but only when pasting within Evernote

To force the classic link, I paste t594bfd31be636_ScreenShot2017-06-22at10_22_49.png.edfd40f464934608a09b909df092acd9.pnghis link into a note, sync, then long press to copy
594bfd31be636_ScreenShot2017-06-22at10_22_49.png.edfd40f464934608a09b909df092acd9.png

On 22/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, DTLow said:

Evernote has a link feature.  I can generate three types of links for a note

Private - opens in a browser

Public - opens in a browser

Classic - opens in app

I can't find the third "Classic" on my iPad. Are you sure that you can do this on ios?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, sreed1927 said:

I'm persistent in my use of Evernote to allow me to use iPad as only device.  I'm trying to remove Wunderlist from workflow and utilize stock Reminders with Fantastical.  Fantastical has cool feature with a dedicated URL link.  I would like to insert the Evernote link for an individual note so I could keep all keep all references, checklist PDF's and everything else in Evernote.  PLEASE make this happen.  I'm Premium user and would welcome this update.  

Evernote has a link feature.  I can generate three types of links for a note

Private - opens in a browser

Public - opens in a browser

Classic - opens in app

I'm persistent in my use of Evernote to allow me to use iPad as only device.  I'm trying to remove Wunderlist from workflow and utilize stock Reminders with Fantastical.  Fantastical has cool feature with a dedicated URL link.  I would like to insert the Evernote link for an individual note so I could keep all keep all references, checklist PDF's and everything else in Evernote.  PLEASE make this happen.  I'm Premium user and would welcome this update.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's common on a desktop to have notes with a 'classic' link open in Evernote rather than a browser;  but I don't think its yet possible on any mobile platform to jump directly to the app.  Even on desktop I seem to recall a post here which says that it's necessary to open the web page first,  even if the app opens immediately afterward.  Good idea though - comes under the general heading of parity between different OS's and devices,  I think...  :)

Archived