The new format sucks

M.Dean

• 11 months later...
  • Level 5*
17 hours ago, KRB said:

Is it possible to uninstall this version and go back?

This is terrible.

Hi.  If you're talking about the web version,  it's not 'installed' - it's the web page you see when you go to your notes.  If you're a long-time user you should be able to step back to the old layout in settings.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, KRB said:

Is it possible to uninstall this version and go back?

This is terrible.

When you post, please mention the Evernote client that you are referring to: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2015 at 6:13 PM, M.Dean said:

Compared to the older format, the new Evernote inteface is dumbed-down and vaccuous. Users! If you agree, please add your support to this thread.

M. Dean

Los Angeles, a city of writers

I agree wholeheartedly - cannot find anything - please bring back old format 

New design is wayyy better, faster and easier to find notes and what matters. Been using Evernote more than I have ever did in the past and getting a lot more done. Finding things are way easier, navigation is simple and it looks amazing (especially editor). 

Older iOS versions were bloated and cumbersome. In the past it was to difficult to get around, find what's relevant and get what I needed done.

New update is awesome! Guess not everyone's is going to like the same thing. 

Kind of immaterial if you are using it more. The point is Premium users should not have something foisted upon them without any warning or notice. 

The new iOS format is not hideous but now I have to relearn the GUI that I have routinely paid Premium for lo these many years. 

And the fact the iOS bug always asking you for iTunes password has basically made the iOS version worthless. Support says they're working on it. 

I also really like the new format. I did not like the old format at all. The iTunes password bug is really annoying but I don't doubt it will be fixed. I would like to have more control over the font sizes of the application but besides that I think it is much easier to use. 

3 hours ago, rootdr said:

Kind of immaterial if you are using it more. The point is Premium users should not have something foisted upon them without any warning or notice. 

The new iOS format is not hideous but now I have to relearn the GUI that I have routinely paid Premium for lo these many years. 

And the fact the iOS bug always asking you for iTunes password has basically made the iOS version worthless. Support says they're working on it. 

Hmm I get that. I can only say my experience has been way better as a result of the redesign than previous. And I've been doing a lot more work. It's been seemless for me 

• 7 months later...

Wow, I am really surprised at the new layout/interface look evernote has taken on this last update.  It pales in comparison to the last one.  I wonder if it is possible to go back to the earlier version or if evernote is planning on making it look nicer, less sterile? Thank you ! 

• Level 5*
On 09/09/2017 at 5:34 AM, cassad said:

Wow, I am really surprised at the new layout/interface look evernote has taken on this last update.  It pales in comparison to the last one.  I wonder if it is possible to go back to the earlier version or if evernote is planning on making it look nicer, less sterile? Thank you ! 

Hi.  Which Evernote version do you have and which one did you prefer?

Archived