Sharing not working

I've tried sharing notes and notebooks with mixed results.  One person was able to access one shared notebook containing two notes using Evernote's web app, but not in the Evernote app installed on her computer.  What are we doing wrong?

Oops!  Did I mistakenly post my question to an Evernote for Windows forum?  My problem is with Evernote for Mac.

What I've experienced is that sharing notebooks and notes is hit or miss at best.  Sometimes it works, many other times it doesn't.  Is this the best Evernote can do with what I thought was a basic feature?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I guess the gurus don't know the answer to this simple question.  If I  didn't know HOW to share I would just go learn it.  I'm ALREADY USING the function that is SUPPOSED to share the notebook!  Hence the question.  One again I'm the first human on the planet to use a basic function and find it LACKING!  Evernote WHY would I want to upgrade when this BASIC function is NOT WORKING!

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Drold said:

I guess the gurus don't know the answer to this simple question.  If I  didn't know HOW to share I would just go learn it.  I'm ALREADY USING the function that is SUPPOSED to share the notebook!  Hence the question.  One again I'm the first human on the planet to use a basic function and find it LACKING!  Evernote WHY would I want to upgrade when this BASIC function is NOT WORKING!

Er,  I've shared from both basic and premium accounts,  so I'd venture to suggest that the reason this is not working for you is either: something went wrong with your installation,  or you're not doing it right.  The link posted above has descriptions for both Windows and Mac.  If you're not seeing the results that you want,  please

1. explain exactly how you go about sharing
  2. are you sharing a note or a notebook
  3. what happens when you share - do you see errors,  emails, anything?

UUUUUUMMMMMMM I didn't write the software and I've tried sharing from the internet and from my iphone and ITS NOT SHARING!!!!!  Of course the evil computer gremlins have something personal against me.  It's not like the procedure is complicate. Either it works or it doesn't and its NOT WORKING

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Drold said:

UUUUUUMMMMMMM I didn't write the software and I've tried sharing from the internet and from my iphone and ITS NOT SHARING!!!!!  Of course the evil computer gremlins have something personal against me.  It's not like the procedure is complicate. Either it works or it doesn't and its NOT WORKING

If you're unable to follow @gazumped's instruction and provide details on your problem, how can you expect us to identify a solution?

Yes every software on the planet works perfectly because other users use it.  Sorry I guess I'm the only one of 200M people who have used this function only to find out it DOESN'T work.  What should I PERSONALLY do about that?  Be like the other 199M people who use this software yet can't share and say NOTHING?

I'll show you exactly what I'm doing.

Here is a right click which DTLow said was the oh so 'obvious' way to share a notebook.  Doesn't work.  Nor does it even show anywhere close to DTLow screen shot which they never explained.

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.21.02 PM.jpg

here is the sequence which is OBVIOUS that NEVER sends to the email I'm sending to!

As well as the actual SENT note!

I don't give a ***** what you say.  I'm following the sequence.  I'm using the same software as you.  You are either lying through your teeth about this working for you or there is a secret section of NSA that doesn't want me sharing the truth about mutilating the genitals of little baby boys in Amerika. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.21.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.57.48 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.57.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.58.06 PM.jpg

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Drold said:

here is the sequence which is OBVIOUS that NEVER sends to the email I'm sending to!

Thats it for you  @Drold 

Your conduct has been reported and hopefully shortly your posts and userid will be erased

• 1 year later...

I faced a similar problem. But after a bit of trial and error I understood a work-around. I tried to share the notebook via EverNote desktop app for Windows, but it didn't work. Then I tried via Evenote Web version and initially it didn't work, but later I figured out a way.

@Drold: When you click on the share button for the notebook, in the drop-down menu they show "Suggested chats" drop-down with names of people in your organization/frequently contacted. I thought that these were my options I had to send to and I clicked on those people and clicked "Send". But the people confirmed that the notebook had not been shared.

Then, after a bit of trial-and-error, I realized that when you click on Share button, then in dropdown, first there is a "Suggested chats" section... but below that there is "Suggested Users" section.. so when you type the email address of that person with whom you want to share the notebook, then either just type the entire email and click share or else select the user populated only in the "Suggested Users" section (not the "Suggested chats" section). 

Do give it a shot and let me know if this works for you.

Archived