Feature Suggestion: Autoscroll feature for notes

There should be a feature in evernote where you can select autoscroll so it auto scrolls down the note at a speed you pre-set. This way, if you are reading long notes on your phone you don't need to keep using your finger to scroll down.

• Like 2

Evernote has an "auto scroll"-type feature with Penultimate, their iOS writing app... so it may not be that difficult to implement the same for reading... however, I never write at a fixed speed... and seldom do I read at a fixed speed. Might just be more simple to let that thumb of yours auto-sync with your brain. Practice makes perfect. 

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*

I found an 'autocue' app for my Android - something that would scroll variable size text at variable speeds up the screen.  It doesn't interface with Evernote,  but it would be pretty easy to copy/ paste content from a note into the app to 'play' any text I wanted.  (It's also good for video recording when you have to say something complicated,  while looking at the camera/ screen.)  I'd imagine there's more out there for other OS's...

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Due respect I think this is a 'nice to have' feature,  worth looking at when everything else is fixed.  There are existing options and workarounds - why would Evernote invest effort in adding this?  Although it is Editor-related,  and they're already re-working the code for that,  so it might be in the pipeline somewhere...

• 1 year later...

For those of us that use desktop and mobile together this would be an incredible benefit - i take long notes on my macbook for customer meetings i have frequently and when i try to access them and update them from the mobile app, i have to spend 30 seconds trying to scroll down to the bottom before i can even update.  I guess the alternative would be to create a notebook for each customer i have and an individual note for each meeting but that seems like a lot of overhead to avoid a simple feature-function issue.  You can easily scroll all the way to the top by tapping the top of the screen - same as core function in other iOS apps, would be nice to see the same for scrolling to the bottom.  

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, STribbey said:

For those of us that use desktop and mobile together this would be an incredible benefit - i take long notes on my macbook for customer meetings i have frequently and when i try to access them and update them from the mobile app, i have to spend 30 seconds trying to scroll down to the bottom before i can even update.  I guess the alternative would be to create a notebook for each customer i have and an individual note for each meeting but that seems like a lot of overhead to avoid a simple feature-function issue.  You can easily scroll all the way to the top by tapping the top of the screen - same as core function in other iOS apps, would be nice to see the same for scrolling to the bottom.  

Or take the notes in reverse chronological order, newest on the top.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, STribbey said:

an individual note for each meeting

My process would be individual notes for each meeting

This would give quick access to notes 

• 4 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 3/19/2022 at 3:16 AM, mardongki said:

Any updates on adding this feature for Evernote desktop?

Hi.  In general Evernote tend not to comment on whether or when any features are likely to be released.

This is not in the feature request forums,  so hasn't attracted any votes to indicate how much support the idea has - I've not seen any other requests in the 5 years since the last post here,  so I'd guess it's on a back burner that's a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g way back from implementation. 

If you have a special need,  you could try posting in a votable forum to see what support you can raise - or if there's a word-processor or similar out there that will support scrolling,  you could use that to make  your long notes and attach those files to Evernote notes for access.