Totally disappointed on beta Web Evernote

C.J.

Idea

Wa, Who create this kind of Disaster version.

1.Few information can be seen (notebook,  notebook title , and note content can not show up in a same time!!!) 

It only for those without too much note have to handle , if yes, why he / she need evernote

2.only suit for portable device but not desktop or notebook

3. So many blank area , (but your promotion say it is more focus , Gosh , who's ideal )

4. can not tuning the column wides,   I am a bit frustrated on old version only could tuning one of the column but not the other side (content area only auto tuning) 

for beta !! no way for user to tuning , it is totally disappointed

5.roll down the note title , it need take couple minutes to wait the data pop out , if I roll up again it still need wait ,  wait wait wait .... new version make user with low productivity

6.click so may time to got information , gosh who design it , Please "FIRE he or she"

Most important ,

the way to roll back ,

1. Please find the gear icon on the down-left bottom

got the user account page , find the column with Beta in ahead    and disable beta version

Please don't make joke again. 

12 replies to this idea

Apparently, Evernote's current strategy is to prune the functionalities on all platforms to please layman users.

Under this strategy, less and less user customization would be allowed, and you would have no choice but to accept the UI that Libin think is "easy to use".

One day in the near future, some of us would wake up in the morning and find that your whole workflow based on EN is destroyed across ALL the platforms - Windows, Android, iOS and web.

Therefore, it seems to be dangerous to base your key workflow or even your business on such an "elegant" software.

@actant: Reading your post sent shivers down my spine! I have personally invested a lot of time and effort in making Evernote my default product for managing my life. So if what you say is true then this is very disappointing because I would not want to see the day that this happens. All my workflow is based on Evernote. And after spending 30 minutes today trying out the new BETA I was not impressed.

I get the impression that Evernote are looking to attract more users by simplifying and trimming down Evernote. I am assuming that most new users are not able to fully grasp Evernote in it's current state. But what will happen to people like me who been loyal to Evernote for years and paid subscription year after year and invested a lot of time into learning Evernote? Is Phil Libin thinking about people like us too?

Hope Evernote reconsiders this new strategy!

Apparently, Evernote's current strategy is to prune the functionalities on all platforms to please layman users.

Under this strategy, less and less user customization would be allowed, and you would have no choice but to accept the UI that Libin think is "easy to use".

One day in the near future, some of us would wake up in the morning and find that your whole workflow based on EN is destroyed across ALL the platforms - Windows, Android, iOS and web.

Therefore, it seems to be dangerous to base your key workflow or even your business on such an "elegant" software.

Ok well THAT doesn't sound so good!

• Level 5*

You should also take a deep breath and realise that this is a pretty early beta, don't panic just yet.

Libin also said that the current web app will be around for some time yet.

The best thing you can do to have any impact on Evernote is to make a clear case as to why you don't like something, they may not listen but they might just.

Just saying you don't like something probably won't have much impact. Saying you don't like it because you can't see all your data, or a really useful control has been removed will probably be more effective.

After doing some googling I get the impression the new Evernote Web is here to stay. Soon Evernote will be releasing the full functioning version of Evernote Web. Their thinking has changed and they now believe that a dramatic re-imaging is called for to make Evernote Web stand out more. Also there new design means Evernote Web is no longer a second choice to Evernote desktop. They changed the interface purposefully.

It's not that bad I suppose as long as all the functionality comes with it that was previously present. For example, saved searches, reminders, etc.

I think Evernote is making a bold move and taking a lot of risk.

After doing some googling I get the impression the new Evernote Web is here to stay. Soon Evernote will be releasing the full functioning version of Evernote Web. Their thinking has changed and they now believe that a dramatic re-imaging is called for to make Evernote Web stand out more. Also there new design means Evernote Web is no longer a second choice to Evernote desktop. They changed the interface purposefully.

It's not that bad I suppose as long as all the functionality comes with it that was previously present. For example, saved searches, reminders, etc.

Evernote web should be a secod chose of evernote desktop,

if you have more 70G and 10K notes

I have been posted many time to evernot the performance on desktop is not acceptable (with SSD and High end gear )

you probably need take more 30 to 50 seconds to wait evernot response during your are arrange your notes.

Besides the database is not able to split .

that is mean if you are a premium user with 4G data  upload on each month

One and half year,you have same problem to think about upgrade your SSD and your gear

Of cause , the most painful is WAIT

Now I Only found web evernote can solve it a bit , with her close performance (use evernote mainframe and super fast search than desktop)  and without high performance hard disk / gear demanding

(but have to  scarify  the delay when you  some pdf file ,then desktop ) then you still can come along with web evernote.

If web evernote really change to the beta version  as what we see today. More heavy user would chose onenote but not evernote

If you follow EN on all platforms, Windows, Android, iOS and web, the EN team's strategy is very clear: simpler, more elegant, more social.

Sticking to it as the primary workhorse would finally turn out to be a disaster.

But, currently such a disaster is impossible to avoid, because no alternative is available. OneNote has long way to go to replace current EN.

Therefore, Libin has enough power to continue his game as he likes.

Good luck everyone!

I share the same sentiments. Evernote is trying to target masses and compete with Google Keep and Microsoft One Note, perhaps even offer advertisement on the web version or even sell information gathered about you and your secrets, there is a lot of money to make ;)  LOL just kidding. Hope we don't experience that.

The Mac version of Evernote has significantly improved. If you have Mac, just download it and try. I have almost 20K notes in 1 of my account and the other 2 accounts a few 1000's note so you can imagine how I am sensitive about this stuff. 

The Mac version of the application has new software code and there is no lag when you make searches. When doing search on Windows version, Evernote hangs all the time for about 5-20 seconds. I have high-end Win i7 machine with 16GB RAM so it should fly. The Mac computer is 4 years old model and works perfectly well with the new version of Evernote.

I hope they will release major update for the Windows client soon. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

I made a mistake when I clicked on "try the new beta" with Google Drive integration; I didn't realize there would be no going back. I don't like that EN removed (or did this happen co-incidentally?)  the Google Drive folder from my Windows 7 libraries and C drive directory listing without asking and, on top of that, I can find no way to undo this 'beta' mistake. A simple 'untry' function that is readily discoverable should accompany any 'try' offer. After looking thru EN's help and community forums I am unable to find an answer.  So, anyone else have this problem? or, hopefully, an answer as to where to find the 'disconnect' button and separate  EN from access to my Google drive without leaving EN?   Thanks for......

Archived