Some friend I share a notebook with are seeing Notes which are NOT in that Notebook

BertHelbig

Idea

Hi, 

I need help.

I am using evernote (iPhone, Web, Mac) for a lot of things, also private things.

There is a notebook I am sharing with two collegues (Mac, Win). Today they told me that they are seeing one Note I did nod save in the shared notebook. (The note has no blue arrow)

Unfortunately it's a very old note, so I am not sure what happend. But it's very improtant for me to re-construct what mitght have been happend.

If I did send them the Link via Mail and they clickes "save into my evernote" on the Website with the note. An after that I stopped sharing the note... Would it still be in their evernote account?,,

Any Ideas?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - your post here on the forums was duplicated.  If that was deliberate,  please don't!  If not,  you may have a problem with your system somehow..

As to your question,  I'm not sure you can get to the bottom of how this happened - for both your colleagues to see the note I'd say it was still being shared somehow.  If you had stopped sharing the note they would have to copy the note into their own notebook to still be able to see it.  If it is not in the shared notebook,  then right-click the note title and choose 'stop sharing' to see if that takes it offline.  If it is in the shared notebook,  then sharing the notebook make take precedence over any settings on that single note.

Hi, 

I need help.

I am using evernote (iPhone, Web, Mac) for a lot of things, also private things.

There is a notebook I am sharing with two collegues (Mac, Win). Today they told me that they are seeing one Note I did nod save in the shared notebook. (The note has no blue arrow)

Unfortunately it's a very old note, so I am not sure what happend. But it's very improtant for me to re-construct what mitght have been happend.

If I did send them the Link via Mail and they clickes "save into my evernote" on the Website with the note. An after that I stopped sharing the note... Would it still be in their evernote account?,,

Any Ideas?

It is unclear if you shared this note individually as a note or in a shared notebook. I have had problems on my PC where I move notes in a shared notebook (via the web client) to a non-shared notebook. But they remain (in the Windows desktop client) in the account that the notebook is shared to. I don't know if this is exclusive to the Windows Client or not.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/58882-notes-in-shared-notebook-doesnt-get-deleted-on-client/

And to answer this question--yes. If they hit "save into my Evernote" they are making a copy of your note and putting it into their account, and unsharing your shared note would not remove the copy from their account.

• Level 5*

been there. done that. this confusion is quite understandable, and the result of design decisions made several years ago. i really hope that as we welcome a new os in a few days, the mac team will revisit the many, many, many posts that i (and others) have made about the problems with sharing, information density (lack of clear indicators), and so forth.

Archived