(Archived) Todo?

Remember The Milk (RTM) and Toodledo both have a good number of features. I've been using RTM for a couple of years on and off. It's tag-based model with "smartlists" (similar to EN's "saved searches") and "hard lists" (similar to EN's notebooks) work pretty well, and because they are so open, you can implement your own system in many way. There are lots of greasemonkey and stylish scripts that let you enhance the UI and I rigged one up based on someone else's code to make a more graphical GTD UI. Unfortunately, though, there are limitations as well. RTM has no built in task hierarchies (ie subtasks), and their development as far as new features and enhancments to their core product is just about nill for well over a year. Most of their VISIBLE work seems to be around expanding to other platforms/browsers/etc. They do have an iPhone app.

I'd love to see some kind of integration between EN and RTM, or perhaps even better EN taking on some of those basic task management functionality. I guess you can rig EN to do similar things via the Todo checkbox and such, but the main thing EN is missing that RTM offers is ways to actively notify you (via email, sms, etc.) that a task needs to get done. If EN could add notifications, that might allow me to finally bid RTM goodbye...

I highly recommend Things by Cultured Code, both for the iPhone and Mac.

I use it along with Evernote on iPhone and Mac, and the two work perfectly together. Things is the best GTD application I have seen yet, and Evernote allows me to capture more detail for any given task.

HTH.

• 1 month later...

would have to agree with "Things" being very cool, especially with the Iphone. I too use it with EverNote.

I sync Iphone, Mac and PC with evernote. Things is only Mac.

reQuall is alos neat with the Iphone especially if you do alot of dictation vs. writing....

• 2 months later...

I too am using Evernote and Things. One thing I haven't been able to do is add a link from an evernote note to a task in Things.

Eg. if in Gmail ^space opens a new todo with a link to the email in the notes section. If I do the same from an evernote note, no link. I can't drag and drop. How do you link your Things task to an evernote?

• 1 year later...

Greetings all. I'm very new to Evernote, but thing it is terrific. The only problem is creating a todo list that actually works. I have also been very happy with Things by CulturedCode, and life would be perfect if they could work together. Any idea how to get the developers working on this? TIA

• Level 5
Greetings all. I'm very new to Evernote, but thing it is terrific. The only problem is creating a todo list that actually works. I have also been very happy with Things by CulturedCode, and life would be perfect if they could work together. Any idea how to get the developers working on this? TIA

The developers work on the higher priority items first - bugs, synchronization, speed, and multiple platform support are all up there.

A due date feature is on their list.

If the folks at Things by CulturedCode see a fit with Evernote, they should contact Evernote.

http://www.evernote.com/about/trunk/

I'm a big fan of Todoist ... it's clean-lined and fast and pretty powerful.

I tried reQall for a while, too, but wasn't a fan of it's web interface. It's got an outstanding voice transcription capability, though ... and you can get the transcriptions into Evernote just by having reQall e-mail the transcriptions to your Evernote account!

Archived