Help ticket response times?

I opened a help ticket on Oct 23rd about my many many missing notes---my laptop was stolen right from our house in broad daylight---and now as I've set up evernote on my new laptop and ipad there are a great many notes missing---a phenomenal amount: tax files, financial records, client notes etc etc. I don't see entries past March 2013 when I have been in Evernote daily...(!!)

In any case: I heard back from my ticket quickly, suggesting I check trash and online ( the notes are not there:/) and now I have not heard back since then. I am not a premium user, just free version. Can anyone please advise on timelines for help tickets? It is imperative that I retrieve my notes and I'm not sure how to proceed.. 

Thank you!

ps: my apologies if this is the wrong place...I'm new to this forum.

I opened a help ticket on Oct 23rd about my many many missing notes---my laptop was stolen right from our house in broad daylight---and now as I've set up evernote on my new laptop and ipad there are a great many notes missing---a phenomenal amount: tax files, financial records, client notes etc etc. I don't see entries past March 2013 when I have been in Evernote daily...(!!)

In any case: I heard back from my ticket quickly, suggesting I check trash and online ( the notes are not there:/) and now I have not heard back since then. I am not a premium user, just free version. Can anyone please advise on timelines for help tickets? It is imperative that I retrieve my notes and I'm not sure how to proceed..

Thank you!

ps: my apologies if this is the wrong place...I'm new to this forum.

Response times are listed in my sig. Did you reply to the last email from Evernote? If you do not reply, the ticket is auto closed after a time - 10 days IIRC & you get an email stating it was closed.

Did you change your EN password? If not & your laptop was not protected with a password/pin, the thief may have gone into EN & deleted notes, emptied the trash & synced.

Do you have a recent backup of your EN database you could recover the missing notes from?

I've always found Evernote's response times to help tickets very fast.  What's more impressive to me was that the response was NOT  a canned pre-written email and when I responded back to them with more information, a dialogue ensued that helped them better understand my issue. Turned out my latest issue was a bug they did not know about (toolbar customization in EN for windows disappearing every time you shut down computer) but they did include it in one of the most recent updates.  

I was worried that since I am a "free user" and not premium (although I am about to upgrade) that my question would not be priority to them, but that was not at all what I found to be true.  

I put a ticket in 5 days ago - reason was although I am a Premium user I have somehow lost premium status (was 1 month in to a 12 month upgrade).

Seems that although I am a Premium user I can't receive Premium support because my account shows me as non-premium. (arrggghhhh!)

I did Tweet Evernote and someone asked me for my ticket number and they would "Bump Me Up" - but still no avail.

Ticket N0 is  #219078

Thanks in adv

I put a ticket in 5 days ago - reason was although I am a Premium user I have somehow lost premium status (was 1 month in to a 12 month upgrade).

Seems that although I am a Premium user I can't receive Premium support because my account shows me as non-premium. (arrggghhhh!)

I did Tweet Evernote and someone asked me for my ticket number and they would "Bump Me Up" - but still no avail.

Ticket N0 is  #219078

Thanks in adv

Dropped in and replied to your ticket.  You should be taken care of, but if you could try to work the O2 activation again from your Evernote Web account, that would be splendid.  Sorry for the delay here--since you were out of Premium you unfortunately saw a longer than normal delay, and while we try to keep our Free queue delay as low as humanly possible, we're running into a few recent and short term delays there.

• 1 month later...

I made a ticket 6 days ago on December 6th and still no response. The issue is quite serious - during a periodic sync (sometimes it jumps me to the top of the file I'm currently typing in, which is a mild annoyance in comparison to this new issue) apparently it went and replaced the content in two files with the content of a third file! I'm not a premium account user so I don't have access to history, and have no way to revert back to the original versions of the file. The content was replaced, but the titles remained intact. I wouldn't mind upgrading to premium, but it certainly doesn't make any sense to upgrade after running into a serious bug (and then not getting any response from Evernote for a week).

The ticket I would like to see addressed is #264053. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be looked into as soon as possible, as I've lost a lot of content in those two notes. Thanks for your time!

• 1 year later...

Hello, and here is another case...Premium user, ticket submitted on 12/4/2014, and still no response by 12/19/2014, other than acknowledgement of receipt.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Ticket# 855676 

• 2 months later...

Ticket created Feb 26, 13 days ago - and no response - I can't even find a ticket number in the automated response! This is regarding the "Evernote was already installed by another user" issue that many users have complained about. I tried all the methods I found online and now am totally unable to install on my Windows machine. Really disappointing that Evernote still has not patched this issue, and that I haven't had reliable access to my notes for 2 weeks now (the web version has a number of issues!) Would really appreciate if someone could help. Thanks!

• Ex Employees

Ticket created Feb 26, 13 days ago - and no response - I can't even find a ticket number in the automated response! This is regarding the "Evernote was already installed by another user" issue that many users have complained about. I tried all the methods I found online and now am totally unable to install on my Windows machine. Really disappointing that Evernote still has not patched this issue, and that I haven't had reliable access to my notes for 2 weeks now (the web version has a number of issues!) Would really appreciate if someone could help. Thanks!

I just responded to your ticket. Sorry for the delay in a response as we've recently experienced higher than usual traffic.

• Level 5*

I just responded to your ticket. Sorry for the delay in a response as we've recently experienced higher than usual traffic.

How much longer is that going to be an excuse?

I opened Ticket# 970670 11 days ago....It's a bug report so I'm not expecting a fix but some human interaction would be nice given that I'm a Premium customer and in principle paying for support.

Not your fault agrady, but support has become embarrassingly bad  in the last few months...

• Level 5*

Not overly scientific but I took the ticket numbers and the days between of my trouble tickets across the last few months and computed an average of about 1200 tickets per day.  Now that could be Windows only or everything for all I know assuming numbers are generated sequentially.  

If 1200/day is accurate I get why support has gone in the tank.  But as Captain Obvious would say, there are actions that can be taken to remedy the issue.  Are they would be the question for me.

Not overly scientific but I took the ticket numbers and the days between of my trouble tickets across the last few months and computed an average of about 1200 tickets per day.  Now that could be Windows only or everything for all I know assuming numbers are generated sequentially.  

If 1200/day is accurate I get why support has gone in the tank.  But as Captain Obvious would say, there are actions that can be taken to remedy the issue.  Are they would be the question for me.

You are not too far, when I was working at Evernote the average number of weekly tickets was about 12,000 a week, that was over 12 months ago and was when Evernote provided email support for all customer, have no idea what the volume is now

You are not too far, when I was working at Evernote the average number of weekly tickets was about 12,000 a week, that was over 12 months ago and was when Evernote provided email support for all customer, have no idea what the volume is now

Oooooh, some insider information. Interesting for your first post @Andoniko...

@csihilling, you got me, haha! I actually scrolled up to see if Captain Obvious was participating in this thread. 

• Level 5*

Took 15 days to get a human response. 

Asked for some more info from me (which I provided) and then recommended I reinstall. I've reinstalled twice since I created the ticket so unless the third time really is magic I don't think it's going to make much difference.

Oh well....

• Level 5*

Alright mate, how's it going?

I'm up and running, it was a silly bug report about adding a shared notebook to a stack - really wasn't causing me a problem and it resolved itself on restarting the app. But it's one of those annoying things that I think would be reasonably easy to fix - it's a UI glitch more than anything and so a little better customer management would leave people with a much better feeling about the company rather than just frustrated.

Archived