(Archived) Save vs. Sync in Workflow

forever-evernote

Idea

10 replies to this idea

All,

How many of you use File > Save or CMD-S in your workflow? How does that compare to your use of sync?

In the Windows client, 'save' saves the note to the local database. (Which would happen in time, anyway). Similar to having a document's recent changes only in memory & then stored to the hard drive. Sync sends the change to the EN servers. I would guess the Mac client functions similarly. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
In the Windows client, 'save' saves the note to the local database. (Which would happen in time, anyway). Similar to having a document's recent changes only in memory & then stored to the hard drive. Sync sends the change to the EN servers. I would guess the Mac client functions similarly. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

Hi BurgersNFries -- I understand how save and sync function, but I am more curious how users use Save vs. Sync in their own personal workflows. 

Do you personally use File > Save or cmd-S in your workflow? Or do you just sync automatically, etc?

• Level 5*

Hi. I save and sync after major changes, or before I shift my work over to another device (from Mac to the iPad, for example). I probably do this a couple of times per day, so it is not a regular thing. In the past I used to do it more often, especially after an incident of data loss. However, the app (Mac) seems to have become much more reliable over time. In addition, I frequently have Time Machine plugged in, so I also get automatic saves every hour with it as well. 

• Level 5

I don't bother to use Ctrl.S most of the time. Only sometimes after working a lot in EN I use it.

Mostly just close the app, it saves automatically anyway and I also sync regularly.

Hi BurgersNFries -- I understand how save and sync function, but I am more curious how users use Save vs. Sync in their own personal workflows.

Do you personally use File > Save or cmd-S in your workflow? Or do you just sync automatically, etc?

I would say after using EN for over four & a half years, I've never once used save. Since I leave EN running on my computer 24/7 I only use sync when I need to get a note link or share a note (for a newly created & therefore not yet sync'd note).

Archived