(Archived) GTD: ShoutDone Anyone?

FactMan

• Level 5*

For want of something better to do, I browsed through the Trunk just now. Came across http://www.todolistsoftware.org/. Anyone used it? It looks like it might be a more advanced version of Tusk Tools Calendar, and you may be able to use just EN to manage your tasks. There is a free version, but I am not sure what the limitations are. The full version is $37.00 right now, although you may be able to get a copy for $33. Just curious... looks like it would take a while to set up ...

• Level 5*

Haven't tried it. For an option check out Zendone.com, which is cloud, GTD and EN based. I have tried it but not sure I like the concept of working in two programs. What i am doing now, and it seems to be working for me, is based upon The Secret Weapon

http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

Naming is a bit dramatc for sure, but nonetheless a reasonable medhod for GTD deployment. In any case it is based upon tags of !1-Now, !2-Next, !3-Soon, etc. Truly enables GTD focus. If you care, there are videos of the concept and tag structures on their web site. I modified a bit for personal preference, but now I have a better structure for focus and it is all in one place. You do have to have the discipline to review the tasks since no automated tme alerts.

For want of something better to do, I browsed through the Trunk just now. Came across http://www.todolistsoftware.org/. Anyone used it? It looks like it might be a more advanced version of Tusk Tools Calendar, and you may be able to use just EN to manage your tasks. There is a free version, but I am not sure what the limitations are. The full version is $37.00 right now, although you may be able to get a copy for $33. Just curious... looks like it would take a while to set up ...

I'd never heard of this. But at first blush, I'd say a big flaw is that it's for Mac & PC only. No mobile devices, that I can see. IDK if they are working on that or not.

PS - I realize TuskTools is only for PC. But it's also free. I'm rather surprised that a $33-$37 pay ware Windows/Mac app doesn't have mobile options, especially when it's focus is task manager/to do list.

• Level 5*

csihilling, Zendone is good. I am using it. I also advocate TheSecretWeapon to get people started with EN+GTD. Once they get into it, I show them what Zendone can do to enhance that, like Google Calendar integration, recurring tasks and due dates. ZD is in beta right now. I don't know if it will be a premium app or a freemium model. Either way, unless they do something really dumb with pricing, I'll be one of the first to pay.

While they are working on iOS apps, they recently made the ZD site usable on the Safari browser of an iPad with iOS 5 on it.

• Level 5*

EdH, I agree Zendone is good, their interface in IMHO is stellar. I just found myself tracking between it and EN too much

Could be my own work flow getting in the way. I don't create many individual action notes but rather tag existing notes. I also annotate after the action is completed. Updating in EN and waiting for the sync in ZD to close the task in ZD seemed not to work for me. Keeping the context in synch wasn't quite in synch for me either. Plus I do have a preference for a single application to "live in", and I live in EN more than any other app..

A great deal of improvisation is required to conduct GTD in Evenote and, in my opinion, the end result makes it worthless.... That is where Zendone comes in. It acts as an Evernote extension and is made specifically for GTD. As a bonus it offers integration with Google Calendar which is really handy.

As others, I would prefer to have Zendone functionality directly in Evernote rather than in a separate app that sync with Evernote, but as far as I know it is not going to happen any time soon.

• 4 months later...

I tried Shoutdone and purchased the pro version to get Evernote sync. But Evernote has removed the sw from the Trunk and it does not work anymore. I get no replies from the Shoutdone company and I consider my money to be lost. Stay away from this sw until you get a personal response from the company, and until Evernote get it listed in the Evernote Trunk. The idea I think is very good, so I hope the developer will have a comeback.

Hi, I'm to invite you to the opening of the www.everdo.it page. My plan was to build a GTD solution for Evernote lovers (like me :-)). I want to share and discuss ideas on how to make the app a really good tool.

Would really appreciate your help and contribution.

Regards.

Karol

Archived