(Archived) HELP: Not getting forum notifications via email

to whom do I address questions about the Evernote forum itself?

for some reason I'm not receiving notifications via email when there are updates to topics/posts I'm following ... does that warrant a support ticket?

I've checked Evernote User Forum → My control panel → Settings → Notification Options and my spam folder definitely isn't intercepting.

PM to gbarry sent.

thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the PM, nopivnick. Notifications on our forum have been frustratingly "Your Mileage May Vary". I've taken a look at your individual account and everything looks in order. We'll continue to add this to our list of notification complaints to Invision.

You may try checking your spam filter on this one if you haven't already done so. Just for kicks I'm liking some of your content, and quoting you to see if you receive any, per your notification settings.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Don't worry nopivnick, you are not alone. I haven't gotten a forum notification in MONTHS. Gbarry has worked on it but I still just have to bookmark individual threads that I am interestged or involved in and remember to check them. Major hassle and I know I am missing out on stuff, but not much I can do about it apparently.

Hopefully they get it fixed. Unfortunately it seems they have been focusing on getting rid of forum areas and just tagging everything, which I do not like. Just as Evernote itself needs notebooks for separate areas instead of being split 100% by just tags, so do the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry nopivnick, you are not alone. I haven't gotten a forum notification in MONTHS. Gbarry has worked on it but I still just have to bookmark individual threads that I am interestged or involved in and remember to check them. Major hassle and I know I am missing out on stuff, but not much I can do about it apparently.

Hopefully they get it fixed. Unfortunately it seems they have been focusing on getting rid of forum areas and just tagging everything, which I do not like. Just as Evernote itself needs notebooks for separate areas instead of being split 100% by just tags, so do the forums.

Let me reup yet again on the notifications issue. If we can't find an example of this issue that we have direct access to replicate, then it's tough to walk through with Invision to try and get a patch added that would tackle this.

Thanks Gbarry.

Alright, we'll try this workaround now. If we're fixed, this may be the policy I move to with notification problems since waving my arms about didn't tend to do much.

• Level 5*

hey, got this alert! Cool. Now I wonder why it wasn't going to the email account I am registered with in the forums? I double and triple checked the email gateway and no messages came in for several months - nothing for the spam filter to even make a decision on.

either way, this is a good sign. thanks!

hey, got this alert! Cool. Now I wonder why it wasn't going to the email account I am registered with in the forums? I double and triple checked the email gateway and no messages came in for several months - nothing for the spam filter to even make a decision on.

either way, this is a good sign. thanks!

Great! It's the little things, EdH, just made my day knowing you won't be bookmarking the heck out of this forum anymore. Anyone run into any other problems like this (like the OP, I'll go ahead and shoot him a note direct since he won't receive a notification anyway) PM me and we'll make the adjustment to an alt email if you've got one running. Quickest workaround for the moment for anyone with notification issues.

As for why it wasn't working, I'm not really sure. Tons of members use plenty of different gateways and services, and the notifications problem seems pretty rare. I blame

• 2 months later...

I have not received any email notifications for several weeks now.

System will NOT permit a PM to gbarry.

Shooting you a PM on this JM. Sorry about the kickback from my PM account--I'd gone over my preset quota even though the forum is set to ignore it for admins. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

as @gbarry surmised, I wasn't aware there'd been activity on this thread for lack of receiving notifications

Let me reup yet again on the notifications issue. If we can't find an example of this issue that we have direct access to replicate, then it's tough to walk through with Invision to try and get a patch added that would tackle this.

@gbarry:

by 'direct access' do you mean access to a mailbox on a mail server that's being affected?

I wonder why it wasn't going to the email account I am registered with in the forums? I double and triple checked the email gateway and no messages came in for several months - nothing for the spam filter to even make a decision on.

@EdH:

just out of curiosity, the email address you're registered with isn't a redirect by any chance, is it?

Anyone run into any other problems like this (like the OP, I'll go ahead and shoot him a note direct since he won't receive a notification anyway) PM me and we'll make the adjustment to an alt email if you've got one running.

@gbarry:

I'm assuming this problem is internal to the account record itself (rather than the email address in question), yes? has anyone tried deleting the forum account and re-registering with the same email address? I'd be willing to do so provided I can use of the same username when re-registering.

@gbarry:

I'm assuming this problem is internal to the account record itself (rather than the email address in question), yes? has anyone tried deleting the forum account and re-registering with the same email address? I'd be willing to do so provided I can use of the same username when re-registering.

We can do one of two things--you can send me an alternate email address for us to try and I can change it, or send me information on your email host and I'll create a ticket with our forum hosts to see if they can make some adjustments. We've done so in the past and it's rectified the problem.

• Level 5*

No, it wasn't, but we have changed servers.

I really wish we could set our preferred email address. I have to ahve my work address in Evernote because when I use the "share by email" tool I cannot tell it to send from a particular address, so I have to register EN with my work address since 95% of the notes I share that way are work related.

However, I do NOT like forum reminders going to my work account. I seriously dislike this account integration.

okay, this has officially become absurd ... I *just* received a new post notification (first ever, woo-hoo!) for @EdH's post, but did *not* receive one for @gbarry's post?!

send me information on your email host and I'll create a ticket with our forum hosts to see if they can make some adjustments. We've done so in the past and it's rectified the problem.

gandi.net is my domain host and my email address is set up as a redirect (administered by me) to my gmail account ... what other info might you need?

No, it wasn't, but we have changed servers.

I really wish we could set our preferred email address. I have to ahve my work address in Evernote because when I use the "share by email" tool I cannot tell it to send from a particular address, so I have to register EN with my work address since 95% of the notes I share that way are work related.

However, I do NOT like forum reminders going to my work account. I seriously dislike this account integration.

EdH, I can edit that for you. PM me your preferred email and I'll make the change back to your personal--send me the email gateway info and I'll add this to my ticket for nopivnick.

• 4 months later...

I've checked Evernote User Forum → My control panel → Settings → Notification Options and my spam folder definitely isn't intercepting.

Er. Please can you tell me even where to find My control panel? :(

Archived