(Archived) Ending premium subscription

I currently have a premium subscription and thought that if, in the future, my usage decreases I may go back to being a free user until my usage increases again.

Now I have just read this:

https://support.evernote.com/ics/suppor ... docID=5208

and it states:

Once your subscription runs out, your account will be automatically converted to a Free account. None of your data will be lost and will still be accessible, but read-only.

Is this really true? So if I had remained a free user I'd be able to edit my notes but by becoming a premium subscriber if I now go back to being a free user I'll loose the ability to edit my notes.

This can't be right, can it?

That isn't true. I fell back to a free account once & I was still able to edit my notes. It was a while ago, but I doubt they changed it. My guess is that this applies to any attachments which were not permitted on a free account. Since they removed the restriction this may no longer apply.

• 1 year later...

So is this the case? I can be a premium member and upload scans of my favorite recipes to the storage limit each month and then when I have completed the task and wish only to be able to retrieve the notes but not add much more I can safely revert to the free membership without losing access to all of my notes? I hesitate to commit to $45 a year for the rest of my life just to be able to search for my recipes. Thanks.

So is this the case? I can be a premium member and upload scans of my favorite recipes to the storage limit each month and then when I have completed the task and wish only to be able to retrieve the notes but not add much more I can safely revert to the free membership without losing access to all of my notes? I hesitate to commit to $45 a year for the rest of my life just to be able to search for my recipes. Thanks.

Yes, you can still READ/DOWNLOAD all notes you sync'd to the EN servers. You will NOT be able to edit any that would exceed the free account note size limit, since they will become "read only" when your account converts from premium to free.

• Level 5*

As an additional note (get it? hahaha) the note limit is increasing behind the scenes in a soft rollout, so that some clients, like the Mac, have 100 MB note size limits now. This is a doubling of the previous limit. I wouldn't be surprised if the Free limit has also increased from 25 to 50 MB per note, so there will be even less to worry about with overly large notes becoming read only.

Archived