Evernote Web Issues

Is Evernote Web down for some reason? It's taking a long time to load, or if it does, it loads some notes an not others. (Both Firefox and Chrome). I also keep getting "One moment while get back to work" messages, and the progress bar spins and spins....Otherwise, other browser tabs are fine .

7/25: Logon to Evernote Web returns this error:

enote.JPG

Edited by chilee
Error messages

Tried reinstalling... still just spinning.  I tried installing an earlier version, and the installer downloads the "latest version" before continuing.

Tried logging in to Evernote on the web.  Still spinning, never loads.

I am literally stuck without access to any of my notes!  What changed? What do I do to get back to my information?????

@chilee Evernote web is currently noticeably slow for me too.  I have also seen some of the "One moment while I get back to work" messages.  It has synched, showing the same number of notes as my Evernote desktop (Mac) shows.

You can use https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/, but that doesn't give much status other than whether the site's server responded to a ping.

• Level 5

Login issues on desktop has nothing to do with login issues on mobile, especially when an app login is concerned.

Follow this instruction:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/29216279537043-Troubleshooting-issues-with-Account-Management-and-Web-Actions-Logins

The Scannable login can’t be fixed this way. Contact support or dump this outdated scanning app. There are many better scanners available.

16 hours ago, ghoffman said:

@chilee Evernote web is currently noticeably slow for me too.  I have also seen some of the "One moment while I get back to work" messages.  It has synched, showing the same number of notes as my Evernote desktop (Mac) shows.

You can use https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/, but that doesn't give much status other than whether the site's server responded to a ping.

I am using the desktop version as well, but it also has latency issues. It's the nature of the beast of cloud computing. But Evernote Web is completely useless. How about a moratorium on price increases until you can work this stuff out?

I'm not getting "slow" response.  I'm getting literally NOTHING!  

Starting Evernote client just spins.

Choosing "login" on Evernote.com just spins (doesn't even get to the log-in prompt!).

What's going on???

2024-07-25-Evernote.png

23 hours ago, chilee said:

Is Evernote Web down for some reason? It's taking a long time to load, or if it does, it loads some notes an not others. (Both Firefox and Chrome). I also keep getting "One moment while get back to work" messages, and the progress bar spins and spins....Otherwise, other browser tabs are fine .

7/25: Logon to Evernote Web returns this error:

enote.JPG

Evernote Desktop is also not loading and seems to stall at about 70%, which is one of the problems I've had with Web, stalling at the same point.

enote2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Evernote Web, Mobile and Desktop are all working very quickly for me.  If you have local issues then I'd suggest you start out with a clean reinstall of the app,  check your available storage and current connection speed and contact Support with details of your device(s),  and OS / Evernote / Browser version numbers.  

<Pause for the usual derogatory remarks about Support>

Yes,  I know - but we're mainly other users here.  Unless Evernote is hit with a volume of 'system slow' reports,  and can analyse the details for common factors,  I'm going to continue being happy in my little bubble and you're going to continue being very unhappy in yours.  Use the system folks - it's what it is there for.

19 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Evernote Web, Mobile and Desktop are all working very quickly for me. 

What version are you running?  Mine was working FINE until I upgraded.

21 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If you have local issues then I'd suggest you start out with a clean reinstall of the app, 

Already tried that.

24 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Evernote Web, Mobile and Desktop are all working very quickly for me.  If you have local issues then I'd suggest you start out with a clean reinstall of the app,  check your available storage and current connection speed and contact Support with details of your device(s),  and OS / Evernote / Browser version numbers.  

<Pause for the usual derogatory remarks about Support>

Yes,  I know - but we're mainly other users here.  Unless Evernote is hit with a volume of 'system slow' reports,  and can analyse the details for common factors,  I'm going to continue being happy in my little bubble and you're going to continue being very unhappy in yours.  Use the system folks - it's what it is there for.

Tell it like it is...(Aaron Neville)

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Geekmom said:

What version are you running?

That would be three versions: Win 11 / 10.98.2.   Android I just reinstalled (it wasn't creating new notes).  Database is updating ...  my share logs are being processed (that never happened before!)...  and 10.97 is here.  But I still can't create new notes... 🤫  Web is 10.97 (just updated).

1 hour ago, Geekmom said:

I'm not getting "slow" response.  I'm getting literally NOTHING!  

Starting Evernote client just spins.

Choosing "login" on Evernote.com just spins (doesn't even get to the log-in prompt!).

What's going on???

2024-07-25-Evernote.png

The main reason we are unable to access Web Evernote anymore as we are on OS 10.13...  No problem to log in in using Sonoma.

46 minutes ago, MusicWiz said:

The main reason we are unable to access Web Evernote anymore as we are on OS 10.13...  No problem to log in in using Sonoma.

I'm on Windows 11, tried client, reinstalled the client, tried Chrome, tried Firefox.  NOTHING is loading.

I did get a reply from Support.  They wanted my error logs.  However, I can't even log in to get the logs!!!

It works using the Chrome browser, but it takes 15-20 seconds to log in. So, Chrome on Mac is OK, but Windows is not. 

I sent the report and hopefully, it will be fixed. The scannable access to Evernote was fixed. Most likely It's their server security issue or whatever, I am not a programmer, just the user.

Magically started working yesterday evening.  I didn't change anything.  Clearly it was an issue on the Evernote-side. Disappointing that there was no visibility of any outage.

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Geekmom said:

Clearly it was an issue on the Evernote-side.

That only affected a handful of users?  Don't know what the cause might have been,  but it is as likely to be related to the massive internet failure that happened a few days ago as having been caused by Evernote.

46 minutes ago, gazumped said:

That only affected a handful of users? 

I didn't say it affected anyone but my data - but when I'm unable to access my notes on my client OR on their website (not even able to get to a login screen), when reinstalling the client, and trying various browsers did not work either, and then suddenly it's working without issue, then I'm assuming something on the Evernote side was fixed.  I'm glad I can now get to my notes.

50 minutes ago, Geekmom said:

I'm glad I can now get to my notes.

Yes!  And let's just take a few moments to enjoy that happy ending and not worry about how the happy ending happened! 😁

Vinnie