10.93.2 for windows headers disaster!

Has anyone else run into this?  The last update (for Windows) says "Fixes header formatting not being saved".

I have hoped for this - where a change and saving it would also be saved for future new notes.

But:

1. Its does not save for new notes.  It sets back to the default

2. In the note where changes are made, the new header format is applied to new Normal text

2a.  It seems that only a color change results in Normal being the right size, but the new color, but if you change the font size, then the Normal text (also) is the new size

3. setting a header back to default results in any other header you try to reset to default using that first reset. 

There might be more, but I gave up testing. 😞

• Level 5

Regarding (1): It was never changed for any other note than the one you were using when you changed it.

It didn’t save at all because of a bug. That’s what they say got fixed - it will now again change the style again for that single note (I didn’t try, no desktop client around at the moment).

Going beyond would be no fix, but a feature, requested since 4 years.

1 hour ago, Grant837 said:

Has anyone else run into this?  The last update (for Windows) says "Fixes header formatting not being saved".

I have hoped for this - where a change and saving it would also be saved for future new notes.

But:

1. Its does not save for new notes.  It sets back to the default

2. In the note where changes are made, the new header format is applied to new Normal text

2a.  It seems that only a color change results in Normal being the right size, but the new color, but if you change the font size, then the Normal text (also) is the new size

3. setting a header back to default results in any other header you try to reset to default using that first reset. 

There might be more, but I gave up testing. 😞

Other than (1), which is a long standing feature request, I can't reproduce any of the issues you describe.

I had hoped that they might have (accidentally) fixed the problem of styles resetting to default when you copy the note, but sadly not.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  @Mike P  I assume you have the latest release from their website?  I can reproduce this on two different Windows systems..  One still needed to be upgraded, so the problems 2 and 3 existed before the last 10.93.2 release.  I guess i will just wait around and hope. 

I hope the team soon completes its backlog of new features and goes back to fix and improve everything to polish up Evernote more.  For one, I would like more outine levels, more text colors , more fonts and more font sizes, among may other things.

4 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

I assume you have the latest release from their website? 

Yes.

10.93.2-win-ddl-public (20240620105652)
Editor: v178.13.1
Service: v1.114.1
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

5 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

I have 10.93.2 for Windows and can confirm that selecting a header style and clicking "update to match selection" does nothing.

10.93.2 works fine here for headings. Just changed style on one of my H2s and it changed all of them and remembered the style for the note with future H2s.

It doesn't remember globally, away from the note.

Within each note it's being finicky. The first 4 or 5 tries yielded no results. I went back to the note and tried it again, and after a few attempts it worked. Go to a different note, try it a couple times, nothing. Then it works. I'm sure I'll need to do the famous EN restart to see if it starts working more consistently.

15 hours ago, Jon/t said:

10.93.2 works fine here for headings. Just changed style on one of my H2s and it changed all of them and remembered the style for the note with future H2s.

It doesn't remember globally, away from the note.

Humm, its happier today (except that Evernote is slower than normal when creating a file), BUT

I still see:

1. If I make a new header, change its color (not make it the new default), put my cursor at the end and press enter, the new Normal text is the same color of the header
  2. You can not select the header, or text, and make them match the default font/size/color by using the H1/H2/H3/Aa options

Probably, if this is really how it works now, its not a big thing, but it is confusing if someone does happen to go down this path...

49 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

If I make a new header, change its color (not make it the new default), put my cursor at the end and press enter, the new Normal text is the same color of the header

I think that is what I would expect to happen so we obviously have different expectations

49 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

You can not select the header, or text, and make them match the default font/size/color by using the H1/H2/H3/Aa options

I've just tried and it still seems to work for me. Have you tried the trick of inserting the "header text shortcut" before the existing text. e.g. type {#}{space} before the text

image.gif.5a752fbbf69c436d6894d6f551808fc5.gif