Help please - always goes to Create screen, not Notes

Hi, can anyone help me — I use Evernote on my iPhone and I only use it for the Notes feature.  It used to be that when I clicked on my Evernote app, it went straight to my notes. Maybe there was an update or something, but for a little while now when I open it, it’s went & continues to go to the “Create” screen first, and *THEN* I  have to click on “Notes”. So that’s an extra click/time spent that I now have to make in order just to get to my Notes screen.  Versus it just always having went straight into Notes every time I opened it in the past, as I mentioned.  Is there anything I can do to make it go straight to Notes like it always did before, without the Create screen coming up?? Thanks so much!!
-S

• Evernote Expert

As others have noted the new homes screen for the mobile app is there create screen. Thankfully this is still on development so we may well get better options soon.

1 hour ago, laurence.glazier said:

The key is to consider the direction of movement. The app is much better than it was a year ago, I think it is worth hanging in there. 

I agree! Things are improving, I think we are in the middle of a rough patch where they are making major changes and it's causing some short term pain for us users. At least for me mid-May was the most painful. As June rolled around I've seen things slowly but surely get more stable. I'm hoping once the year closes Evernote will be a different app.

Also every time I check out the support site something is slightly different, like they are clearly continuing to evolve that. Hopefully support will get better and more efficient with time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 6/14/2024 at 3:03 PM, mackid1993 said:

Your hope is being rewarded, it was announced that soon you'll be able to select which screen you want to start on.

I hope so. That is important to me.

• Level 5

Thanks, @mackid1993. I just got that in v. 10.92.1 today -- with the notice on the prior screen that performance is optimized for the Create option. So you can choose any of the options; but all but the one Evernote wants you to use are slightly disabled.