Weird German translation: "Menüschalen-Assistent"

Go to solution Solved by BEHA,

Hi,

the translation into German is partly really weird in Evernote for Windows 10.

Can anyone please tell me, what this settings should be?
The word "Menüschalen-Assistent" is simply not existent in German and I have no idea, what this term should be.
Could you please explain with an image, what this setting should be?

Thank you.

Version that I am using:

10.91.3-win-ddl-public (20240606121101)
Editor: V 178.11.1
Service: V 1.109.4

ensettings.jpg

Tja, ist mir auch schon aufgefallen - ich hoffe, dass hier mal jemand mit einer engl. Windows-Oberfläche nachsieht und uns dann sagen kann, was EN damit wohl meint...

ChatGPT ist auch überfragt: Hier wird folgendes vorgeschlagen 😉 

• [ein Menüschalen-Assistent könnte] eine Anwendung [sein]  die hilft, digitale Menüs zu erstellen, zu organisieren oder zu verwalten, möglicherweise für Restaurants oder Catering-Dienste.

ich habe es auch mal mit einem Screenshot an den Support geschickt. Ich kann mir beim besten Willen nicht vorstellen, was eine "Menüschale" sein soll.

I also sent it to support with a screenshot. I can't imagine for the life of me what a "Menüschale" is supposed to be.

• Evernote Expert

The English settings call this 'Enable menu tray helper'

It turns off or enables the Evernote Helper in the computer Tray.

25 minutes ago, agsteele said:

The English settings call this 'Enable menu tray helper'

It turns off or enables the Evernote Helper in the computer Tray.

Thank you,but what is the "computer tray" at Windows 10?

• Evernote Expert

The section of the task bar that contains the clock and shortcut icons for programs that run on the background.

• Thanks 1
  • Solution
On 6/10/2024 at 8:22 PM, agsteele said:

The section of the task bar that contains the clock and shortcut icons for programs that run on the background.

today I had the opportunity to check it at my Windows Computer again, and you are right:

"Menüschalen-Assistent" in German is the little icon in the task bar.
But not just an icon: if you click on it, you can create a quick note in Evernote ... not so bad ... except for the translation of this setting 😅

evernotetray.jpg

• Evernote Expert

This function has existed since v10 arrived. What is new is the setting to hide the tray helper. Previously it showed whether you liked it or not.

I simply haven't paid attention to the task bar icon; I haven't said anything about like or not like .... I just couldn't do anything with the "menu shells" settings, that's all. 😁

• 2 months later...

That’s an interesting translation! "Menüschalen-Assistent" does seem quite unusual. It’s fascinating how translations can sometimes result in phrases that don’t quite fit the context. If you’ve come across any other odd translations or have thoughts on this one, I’d love to hear more!