web clipper not working on any browser

icon is green with blue dot but it's not working on any browser in mac. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. logged into everynote again. rebooted computer and nothing is working.  can anyone ehlp?  thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, spcorcor18 said:

Same for me on Edge for Windows - tried everything and the button is dead. Please fix!

Now seems to be fixed - thanks!

Been having same problem with web clipper. Certainly not working on chromium browsers. TypeError: Failed to Fetch

Also have this issue - works on MS Edge, not on Brave Browser.... have reinstalled extension etc but issues still persist:

Unknown error occurred. UNK

UNK/UNK

"Could not fetch 'blob:https://discussion.evernote.com/a0c3a85c-7610-4453-8276-10c072b11076' error is 'TypeError: Failed to fetch'"

• Level 5

Always the same advise:

Check where the issue is located: Computer used, local network, internet.

To check the network aspect connect the computer used through another network, like with personal hotspot on your phone and mobile data.

To check the device aspect, try another device. To narrow things down, use another browser, check the firewall, disable security software etc. It depends on what you are running.

To check the internet use a website that measures downtime, for example this:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/evernote.com.html

You will see that they run a pretty stable job, so EN servers being down is usually the last thing you need to check.

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Always the same advise:

Check where the issue is located: Computer used, local network, internet.

To check the network aspect connect the computer used through another network, like with personal hotspot on your phone and mobile data.

To check the device aspect, try another device. To narrow things down, use another browser, check the firewall, disable security software etc. It depends on what you are running.

To check the internet use a website that measures downtime, for example this:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/evernote.com.html

You will see that they run a pretty stable job, so EN servers being down is usually the last thing you need to check.

Thanks PinkElephant,

I have tried all of that and have narrowed it down to my Brave Brower and EN Web Clipper (not working with Brave Browser on both Win10 and Win11 devices). 

The Network is good and Device is good (Evernote App and EN Browser working fine) and the EN Web Clipper with MS Edge is working fine (clipping the same page/URL), so it is Browser specific issue with Web Clipper.

It seems to be an issue with the clip of each page, see example log below: 

2024\5\22 12:13:39 LOG: Device Info Object:{"client":{"type":"browser","name":"Chrome","version":"125.0","engine":"Blink","engineVersion":""},"os":{"name":"Windows","version":"10.0","platform":"x64"},"device":{"type":"desktop","brand":"","model":""},"bot":null}

2024\5\22 12:13:41 LOG: Capturing content with simplified

2024\5\22 12:13:41 LOG: HTMLSerializer: styles fetched and starting serialization

2024\5\22 12:13:41 ERR: Could not clip the page Could not fetch 'blob:https://www.abc123xxxxxxx123.com.au/d1901810-9efb-4a55-8e50-ba8386dac7c7' error is 'TypeError: Failed to fetch'

2024\5\22 12:13:41 ERR: Channel: Message 'tabClipper.clip' failed with error: UNK/UNK

2024\5\22 12:13:41 ERR: Channel: Error in handleResponse UNK/UNK tabClipper clip

The Evernote Clipper stopped working on the Brave browser, even with shields turned off on a particular site.

I keep getting: Channel: Message 'tabClipper.clip' failed with error: UNK/UNK 

It works on Firefox. 

Using macOS Ventura 13.6.4, Brave v. 1.66.110 Chromium 125.0.6422.60

• Level 5

There are several postings about web Clipper not working with Brave.

Use a different browser.

It’s up to you if you want to issue a support ticket. Support was a less than ideal experience in the last time.

12 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

There are several postings about web Clipper not working with Brave.

Use a different browser.

It’s up to you if you want to issue a support ticket. Support was a less than ideal experience in the last time.

The initial issue was on Brave. As noted in my post (no idea if you're replying to me), but I also testing on Chrome and a fresh install of Firefox. Same error on each.

Also noted in my post, I've submitted ticked. So far, zero acknowledgement (except for a lame email autoreply) that it has entered any stage of support beyond form submission.

• Level 5

If the problem persists on all browsers, you either have an issue with your computer, or with your network.

To find out connect to a different network (like a personal hotspot). If it then works, it’s something on your primary network. Else it’s on your computer.

I have tried to log in through the app as well as directly on evernote.com.  Tried on windows computers and mac.  At different locations with different servers routers, etc.  When I log in then a window pops up saying logging you off securely.  This happens no matter what browser I am using.  Anyone having the same issue?  Thank you for any help.