How does one go about taking Evernote support to task for improperly closing is trouble ticket.

Four months ago I entered a trouble ticket <link> about a reproduceable bug in Evernote Windows's search functionality.  Evernote never so much as confirmed that they had reproduced the bug.  And then Evernote support closed the open, unresolved ticket.

I can't reasonably expect Evernote to fix bugs on a timetable that *I* find convenient.  But closing an open, unresolved trouble ticket is an act of malfeasance. 

How does one go about taking Evernote support to task for this matter?  

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*

The support team seem to close tickets on matters that have been sent on to the developers.  If you want to find out what's happening and remind them you're waiting for a response,  you might try emailing support again with the ticket number and asking?

• Level 5

A ticket will be called "Solved" when there is no solution - it is then solved by defining there is no solution. It may be closed when an issue was passed on to the devs - the solution is to add it to the backlog. 

Keeping these tickets open would do no good. It may sound contradictory, but from a support view point they are solved (= answered).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

A ticket will be called "Solved" when there is no solution - it is then solved by defining there is no solution. It may be closed when an issue was passed on to the devs - the solution is to add it to the backlog. 

Keeping these tickets open would do no good. It may sound contradictory, but from a support view point they are solved (= answered).

never heard about states?

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Different companies handle this differently. EN is handling it as I described. If this is good is up to anybody’s discretion.

By logging into the help website, the list of tickets can be accessed. Ticket status can be reviewed, tickets can be reopened. Which won’t help much if there is no new information - it will be closed again. Just a waste of time, for yourself and support.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Which won’t help much if there is no new information - it will be closed again. Just a waste of time, for yourself and support.

OK, ticketing system has been improved (better formatting possibilites, overview, ...).

• But it would be fine to get an information (by eMail) with a short reason if it is closed.

And "tickets can be reopened" is not true - you've only a chance to open a new (follow-up ) ticket. This makes it hard to track down longer discussions (I've topic that has been solved after 12 months with 4 ticket numbers... 😉

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...