Android app not synced this morning

This morning when I opened my Android app it was not synced - new notes added on *Tuesday* night on windows desktop Evernote were not there. Opening and closing the app, attempting to refresh, etc, did nothing. Meanwhile my iPad app was correctly synced and the notes showed there. I opened Evernote on windows laptop to double check the syncing there (the notes were there, as expected),  and immediately after that the Android app synced and the notes appeared.

I don’t understand this, and it is very troubling. Has anyone else experienced it? I only switched to v.10 on Android at the last moment, and I find myself increasingly mistrustful of it - eg search results I know are incomplete, especially using “intitle.” I hate feeling like I can’t rely on it, and this experience adds to that.

• Level 5

I think I've seen 1 or 2 other reports of a sync issue like this (unless they were also from you, sorry). It is mysterious. Clearly the notes were getting synced up from the Windows desktop to Evernote's servers, but not down to the Android device. The fact that they appeared after you opened Evernote on a Windows laptop might be a coincidence, and some connectivity issue between the Android device and Evernote got resolved at the same time. Definitely not what's expected. (What does seem to be expected is that when I open the Android app after notes have been edited elsewhere it will flash annoyingly for a few seconds while it updates them, but at least I know they're synced.)

9 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I think I've seen 1 or 2 other reports of a sync issue like this (unless they were also from you, sorry). It is mysterious. Clearly the notes were getting synced up from the Windows desktop to Evernote's servers, but not down to the Android device. The fact that they appeared after you opened Evernote on a Windows laptop might be a coincidence, and some connectivity issue between the Android device and Evernote got resolved at the same time. Definitely not what's expected. (What does seem to be expected is that when I open the Android app after notes have been edited elsewhere it will flash annoyingly for a few seconds while it updates them, but at least I know they're synced.)

No, not from me,this is the first time I've noticed this. The flashing annoyingly I have noticed,and it's a truly annoying and disconcerting way of accomplishing what needs to be done. I didn't even realize what was happening til you said. Open Evernote, click on notes, notes appear, then it flashes back to home screen. Rinse, repeat sometimes a few times. Same on ipad. Surely there's a more graceful way to accomplish this.

But the ailire to sync at all is a different problem. I'll have to pay careful atrention to see if it happens again.

• Like 1

RE sync to Android: I have two ph ones.  One is a Pixel 6 that I use with my US account which runs on Google Fi.  The other is an older Doogee rugged phone which I use in Mexico with Telmex as the provider.  I also have a three year old Samsung tablet.

Evernote's performance on these three devices is wildly different.  The Pixel 6 just works.  (It didn't used to - it used to be very slow to sync, but now it is good enough that I don't notice any issues.)  With the Doogee phone, I found I need to tell it to sync.  Then, in a minute or so, my content shows up.  With the Samsung tablet, I tell it to sync and go have breakfast.  Sometimes - not always - it is done syncing by the time I rinse out my cereal bowl.

My conclusion: Evernote performance varies wildly depending on your particular device.  It has gotten much better overall, but it's still slow on older devices, at least for me.

Vinnie

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VincentC said:

My conclusion: Evernote performance varies wildly depending on your particular device.  It has gotten much better overall, but it's still slow on older devices, at least for me.

This is somewhat troubling. But I'm on a Galaxy S22, which is not an old device, so I can't blame that for my sync issue.

I don't mind having to initiate sync - if it works quickly. But I thought one of the whole points of v.10 was instantaneous sync and *not* having to do that.

• Level 5

How are the settings on your Samsung regarding network and data allowances ?

The easiest explanation would be it only allows EN to sync through WiFi - and it may have lost that connection.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

How are the settings on your Samsung regarding network and data allowances ?

The easiest explanation would be it only allows EN to sync through WiFi - and it may have lost that connection.

I do have it set set to permit Evernote to sync regardless of whether I'm connected to wireless. Evernote is too important for me to limit it in any way!