Why can't I access evernote from the web?

Mac user, Chrome.  I get stuck here:

image.thumb.png.698c7d7e847d5adfefcb34ac1dd3a02f.png

I have been using evernote through the web since the old evernote legacy app stopped working.  The new app doesn't work well for me, and now I can't access my notes through the web interface.  What is up with this?  It spins forever.

Try in a guest profile to see if it works and if it does it maybe an extension messing with it... ad blocker/tacker?

Also try clearing your browser cache and logging back in.

2 hours ago, svogt said:

Mac user, Chrome.  I get stuck here:

image.thumb.png.698c7d7e847d5adfefcb34ac1dd3a02f.png

I have been using evernote through the web since the old evernote legacy app stopped working.  The new app doesn't work well for me, and now I can't access my notes through the web interface.  What is up with this?  It spins forever.

In another thread someone who has Comcast internet is having issues getting to EN. Once they used a VPN or changed the DNS on their device, they worked. May be something to try. If not, it's still a good test to see if the network or internet connection you are using is the problem.

I am having the same trouble. EN web is not working ... the whole day yesterday. Cleared cache repeatedly to no avail. 

EN app on iOS is working no trouble but on the laptop I've been using the web forever and a day.

I have also had this problem since yesterday (3/19/24).   Failing on Mac, Linux and Windows.   Tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera.   All fail.   Tried multiple different accounts, clearing cache and clearing cookies.   No luck.   The Android app works, but I primarily use a computer.   Getting ready to give up on EN.   After 10 years maybe time to move on.    

Hi Mackid, thanks. I am in NZ and I do notice that the iPad which uses VPN can access EN web. Both EN Web and the EN app work fine on the handheld. 

I sent a ticket to Evernote yesterday but still haven't heard from them.

• Level 5

If the DNS resolver is causing the issue, it is a network issue before the request even reaches EN.

You can contact support, but it is like asking the theatre you want to visit for their intervention because the road you need to take to drive to the show is blocked.

The first DNS resolver is usually the ISP.

If your router allows to change it, enter 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) or 8.8.8.8 (Google) instead of the setting of your ISP.

Using a VPN works around the ISPs settings, as does using a mobile network instead of a landline.

Evernote must have updated some DNS records for their domains and they haven't fully propagated yet so the slower (ISP) resolvers are having a rough time.

I use NextDNS and don't have any issues.

I suggest either Cloudflare | Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secondary 1.0.0.1

or for more privacy Quad9 | Primary: 9.9.9.9 / Secondary: 149.112.112.112

Change it on your router if you can if not change it on device:

This works on Windows 10 and 11. Just choose your adapter, the process is the same for WiFi and Ethernet: 

This explains how to do it on macOS:

Sorry Mackid1993, no. Sigh. 

I sent a ticket to Evernote but they haven't responded, that was two days ago I sent the ticket.

• Level 5

1) We had another thread were the browser was not updated, on a rather old version.

Once it was updated, the web client worked.

2) Support is still slow (got better, but not good). If you have a ticket number, you are in the queue.