Evernote desktop user for 10 years, now FORCED to V10. So slow. HATE V10

User since 2014. I kept the legacy 6.45 version until today since support for it ends March 23rd. Everything about version 10 is slow.

Loading a note. Waiting......
Insert an image. Instant in 6.45. Is 5 to 10 seconds in V10
Even typing a sentence. Is. O. My. God. Agonizing. Slow.

I do not have a slow machine. 16 core, 32 threads. 64 GB RAM. 3080 graphics card. 400+ Mbps down internet.

I LOVED the old Evernote. HATE V10.

• Like 8
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Since v10 has to set up a new local management system on your device and download your entire database it can seem slow at first.  If you leave Evernote active for some hours after updating it will catch up.  If it's still slow after that,  there's probably something wrong with the installation.  Mine works effectively on a 10-year-old laptop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Level 5
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Since v10 has to set up a new local management system on your device and download your entire database it can seem slow at first.  If you leave Evernote active for some hours after updating it will catch up.  If it's still slow after that,  there's probably something wrong with the installation.  Mine works effectively on a 10-year-old laptop.

Also, since v. 10 for the past year has had a new data structure to optimize automatic syncing, notes created in Legacy take a few seconds to update to the new structure when they're loaded for the first time. After that, they should open instantly.

• Like 3

I also hate v10 very much and hey raised a price 1.7x more.

So I discontinued my premium.

Evernote management with such sh%#y v10 and increased price can go and love themselves.

• Like 1

After ten years, I hate Evernote more and more with each year that passes. I'm currently searching for "Banana Bread Recipe" non iPhone and also on iPad. Both are spinning and have been for 5 minutes. I take the point that maybe it's downloading the database to please the new update. I have to revert to Desktop if I want to find something - tricky if you're out in a queue or a shop. 

Also, as others have reported, internal links are awful now. They frequently just take you back to the same note after a pause. 

Collapsing bullets—which I've been waiting for for years—have got my attention—well done—at long last! Will that tempt me to continue using Evernote? Not if the other things don't get fixed. 

I've tried to change my setup (basically GTD) to Obsidian, then Notion (both too complex), and now I am happy with the simplicity of Workflowy - which has collapsing bullets as a starting point. Currently, I'd give Workflowy 8/10, EN 6/10, and the other two 4/10 for me (you take all your time setting them up!) 

I'm off to make banana bread now - but no thanks to EN for iOS. Both the iPad and iPhone are still spinning. 

• Like 1

Hate it when Evernote doesn't promptly delivers my information, especially like how to bake banana bread, but also my work/life info. Evernote is my PKM and must store more and retrieve it faster than my real brain. Recently most of the time it works well enough. I give Evernote a 6/10 also. 12 months ago I gave it 3/10. So next year I'll be at 9/10 if they keep improving like they did. The speed and snappyness is increasing each quarter. @Federico Simionato They are clearly not there yet speed-wise, but lots of things have improved. I'm sticking around a little more. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, HeyMalc said:

I'm currently searching for "Banana Bread Recipe" non iPhone and also on iPad. Both are spinning and have been for 5 minutes.

I’ve seen this as well and it is frustrating.  Sometimes closing the app and restarting fixes it and sometimes I need to delete the app and reinstall it.  I don’t know the cause but I use the task widget and recently noticed that sometimes it doesn’t update.  I’m starting to wonder if the widget is hanging and if that is the cause.  I’ve recently removed the widget to see if that helps.