I am done after todays forced upgrade.

I agree there are a lot of new functions. But I am not interested at all. Basic ones should run as I expect. Nothing more or less.  I am paid user for over 15 years but now I am pissed off. I just can not use simple note making anymore. I can not switch off notes list.  I know i can fullscreen note but i like to hide note list giant tab only and i can not. I am done. What alternative I can use with good migration possibility? Obsidian or anything else?

Thx

olek

• Like 1

If you can't find something that suits you beter don't forget that as well as making a note full screen (expand note) you can also launch it in a new Window. That window can be sized to take up the space of the note panel and the note list.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, olekss said:

What alternative I can use with good migration possibility? Obsidian or anything else?

There are several other threads discussing the benefits and drawbacks of other note-taking systems.  Let's not start a whole new ramble through the options here.

The "best" option for any individual will be different anyway.  Some users just want shipping shopping* lists and reminders.  Others want coding formats and tasks.  Some people like add-ins and tweaks - others prefer a ready-to-use simple solution.

Best answer is to try other systems.  See which one seems the best fit.

More information from websites like https://noteapps.info or https://toolfinder.co 

Search for help online too such as https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote 

If you share what device(s) and OS you use we can maybe help you around the drawbacks you're currently seeing with Evernote.  There are various 'views' forinstance,  and Alt+Ctrl+N will generate a new note if Evernote is running on desktop.

*EDIT:  or shipping...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is obvious you just switched from legacy. The view of the notes in the middle column is as it is since v10 launched in 2020.

Currently take it as it is, or leave,

Feedback can be send here 

Explain why you want a change (and don’t forget that millions of users use it as it is).

If you just switched from legacy, you will find a lot more differences …
2 hours ago, olekss said:

I agree there are a lot of new functions. But I am not interested at all. Basic ones should run as I expect. Nothing more or less.  I am paid user for over 15 years but now I am pissed off. I just can not use simple note making anymore. I can not switch off notes list.  I know i can fullscreen note but i like to hide note list giant tab only and i can not. I am done. What alternative I can use with good migration possibility? Obsidian or anything else?

Thx

olek

I don't know if I understand the problem exactly, but try to switch to Toplist and pull it up as far as possible up... And then you'll just switch between views as needed. Either with the mouse or with keyboard shortcuts..
See image down:

If you really want to go away from Evernote.. then check out item from my dating list.  A This is a development worth watching:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/92f753bc-f3dc-8aff-d3a6-2f52c41bcbde/5ZdlDSSpa6x9tfRulriUNBkFbrbnwVMyRUN8zRFNzLBSOTshunoljxYv_g

image.png.0ed11e9487414dab82d395dd29386935.png

Thank you for all the answers. I had bad today it looks. I downloaded legacy evernote and exported  everything into obsidian. Used legacy as media transfer because new evernote was not able to export my notes to manmy errors for some reason.  With legacy evernote I Imported everything into obsidian no problem.  So everything went well. Next with my anger under control I checked my evernote because some of attached screens in my old notes was not copied over to obsidian and I sudenly  discovered how i can hide this damn note list by pure accident. So I need to apologize. I was not right. I will stay with evernote. Obsidian should wait.

Thx 

olek

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, olekss said:

Thank you for all the answers. I had bad today it looks. I downloaded legacy evernote and exported  everything into obsidian. Used legacy as media transfer because new evernote was not able to export my notes to manmy errors for some reason.  With legacy evernote I Imported everything into obsidian no problem.  So everything went well. Next with my anger under control I checked my evernote because some of attached screens in my old notes was not copied over to obsidian and I sudenly  discovered how i can hide this damn note list by pure accident. So I need to apologize. I was not right. I will stay with evernote. Obsidian should wait.

Thx 

olek

Obsidian is not so easy... need time to move here from Evernote...

Here in forum is Migration to Obsidian... check it before... 

I stay with evernote...

I downloaded Obsidian first time  3 hours ago. I have now there all my notes from Evernote. There are a lot of nice things i just checked like command palette, templates or plugins very similar to vscode I am using as my code editor. So very nice and dandy.  I was about to jump because I hate forcing updates  and was looking for few AI enabled alternatives (I imagined AI will read everything and I will discuss about it heh)end ended with obsidian,  but was wrong as I said above.  My main note taking app  is Roam  Research for about 3 years. Evernote is my backup for other things then have daily note taking. 

Have a good one