Can't add a file from Google drive from Evernote Windows version 10.79.2

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Hi guys, 

I can't add a file from Google drive from Evernote Windows version 10.79.2 , there's a popup to request a sign in to my Google account , but if a clic to sign up the pop disappears and nothing happen.

From my Evernote account, my Google drive is already connected to Evernote and I can attach a file with Evernote web version with no problem.

Thanks !

same issue with v10.79.2 on Mac. for me, when i click on the "sign-in" button on the popup page, it actually brings up a new tab in my browser but then it immediately disappears.  maybe the underlying link is wrong?  i think it's a link to accounts.google.com but it goes away too quickly.

same behavior when using the Android application.

NOTES:

• i can access google drive files that have been previously attached to notes.
  • i can add files from Google Drive through the web application on Chrome.
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Can you open Drive in a browser and sign in outside of Evernote?  As long as you're signed in somewhere on that device you should have access...

Hi gaz,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I signup to my drive account without problem with the same device , and I'm connected from my Evernote account. 

It's really weird 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Pondor said:

same issue with v10.79.2 on Mac. for me, when i click on the "sign-in" button on the popup page, it actually brings up a new tab in my browser but then it immediately disappears.  maybe the underlying link is wrong?  i think it's a link to accounts.google.com but it goes away too quickly.

same behavior when using the Android application.

NOTES:

• i can access google drive files that have been previously attached to notes.
  • i can add files from Google Drive through the web application on Chrome.

Exactly my issue ! 

But now my new issues is how to report this to Evernote ? I tried within my account and the support page is blank 

Is the "feedback" email work ?

And of course I'm on a personal account, no free loader here

Thanks guys 

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

This Google Drive issue has been reported amongst Evernote Experts. Definitely a bug to be reported.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

This Google Drive issue has been reported amongst Evernote Experts. Definitely a bug to be reported.

ok thanks agsteele , I can live with the bug for now, will wait on development

Thanks guys for you help, it's appreciated. 

• Evernote Staff

Hello, Evernote backend engineer here. This issue was due to a couple of bugs on Google's side that are now solved.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/328859171
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/328843663

The problem with the Drive Picker should now be solved on both Desktop and Mobile, without the need to upgrade Evernote. On web the Picker should have been functioning the whole time.

If you could confirm, that would be awesome! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
16 hours ago, pdenicolao said:

Hello, Evernote backend engineer here. This issue was due to a couple of bugs on Google's side that are now solved.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/328859171
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/328843663

The problem with the Drive Picker should now be solved on both Desktop and Mobile, without the need to upgrade Evernote. On web the Picker should have been functioning the whole time.

If you could confirm, that would be awesome! 😊

I just want to say that it's really great to see Evernote staff posting here again. Thanks for the update.

• Like 3