Version 8.13.3 Will Be Discontinued Soon

I got a message within the app that 8.13.3 will be discontinued soon and unusable while the later versions are not compatible with my phone. Evernote must make the other versions compatible with all devices at least for devices on android 8.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, agsteele said:

This must be very frustrating but I fear that you will need to make an urgent plan to export your data and find an alternative product.

That is a very frustrating solution lol I really like evernote. And exporting all my data is way too much. 

What phone are you on? There are guides on the internet how you install an unsupported, newer version on your old phone. I'll be doing that on my S9+ once I swapped the broken screen and the battery. Not gonna pay 1200+ € for a current phone with comparable storage.

Did the same on my retina 2015 Macbook Pro, it's running Sonoma without any issues although it is not supported by Apple. 

8 minutes ago, Feitz said:

What phone are you on? There are guides on the internet how you install an unsupported, newer version on your old phone. I'll be doing that on my S9+ once I swapped the broken screen and the battery. Not gonna pay 1200+ € for a current phone with comparable storage.

Did the same on my retina 2015 Macbook Pro, it's running Sonoma without any issues although it is not supported by Apple. 

Can u show me this guide cause I tried to install it but it didn't work 

• Level 5*

I sympathise - I also use an Android 8 phone and my Evernote got deleted a couple of weeks ago.  I don't use the phone for much,  but it was a good device to use for photos and add web clips.  I'm doing both now via email (Gmail in my case) direct to the email address of my account,  which works pretty well.  I'm actually not missing the app yet...

Find your Evernote email address  -  Save emails into Evernote

19 hours ago, Feitz said:

Depends on youe phone. What are you using?

I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference if i told u the android version. Can u just provide the information or where i can get it from please? Thanks.

Just now, shia313 said:

Can u just provide the information or where i can get it from please?

I'd love to but this is phone specific. I was looking for a solution for my Samsung S9+:

-> https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/star2lte/

But if you search for your phone name and 'Lineage OS' you will see whether it is supported.

Please be aware that this is not an officially supported upgrade and that you do it on your own risk.

• Level 5

Android 8 was released in 2017, nearly 7 years ago. It is not supported by Google or the device makers since long.

You can try the hack with an alternative OS, or get a newer device. EN v10 is running with Android 9 and up. Note that this Android version is as well not supported any more.

This would be a used one, or as alternative a new one, that can be bought from roughly 200€/$ upwards.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:46 PM, Feitz said:

I'd love to but this is phone specific. I was looking for a solution for my Samsung S9+:

-> https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/star2lte/

But if you search for your phone name and 'Lineage OS' you will see whether it is supported.

Please be aware that this is not an officially supported upgrade and that you do it on your own risk.

Lineage OS ? I dont want to change my operating system.

There has to be another way.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:04 AM, shia313 said:

That is a very frustrating solution lol I really like evernote. And exporting all my data is way too much. 

Notion works great and I really like it better than Evernotes, but there's some tradeoffs, like the need to be on-line for it to work 

1 hour ago, shia313 said:

It will it's a different operating system and doesnt look very nice.

maybe not as polished as e.g. Samsung but it is an Android flavour and your only option if you want to keep using your phone with a current version of Android. Maybe you find another Android distribution for your phone other than LineageOS?

I'm at a loss. You want to keep using your current phone with Evernote which will not work. You don't want to upgrade neither your phone nor your operating system and you don't want to leave Evernote. One thing has to give. 

You might try Evernote web client on your phone but this probably isn't very practical either. 

• Level 5

@shia313 The web client doesn’t work natively on phones - it can be switched to the desktop browser, but the experience will be pretty bad. Furthermore it needs an always active mobile data connection.

To sum up this is your current situation. You need to decide what you want: Use your current phone, or use EN Android.

Skizze4.3.20242053.png.95daa63285dc4456f92bfeb4c344eebe.png

On 3/5/2024 at 1:56 AM, Member since 2012 said:

Notion works great and I really like it better than Evernotes, but there's some tradeoffs, like the need to be on-line for it to work 

Notion doesnt look as nice

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, shia313 said:

Changing my operating system just for evernote is just far fetched. 

I agree - I deleted my 'phone app and now just use a tablet / desktop / laptop.  If you share items from your phone by email to your Evernote account address,  that works fine - you can also send new notes by email.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347

• Level 5

It depends on the browser, and it's settings.

The web client must be able to connect, and needs to run some code locally. If you restrict the browser too much, or run an outdated browser it is possible the web client won't work. However with all major browsers it will work.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, shia313 said:

you cant put it in any notebooks

If you read the link it confirms you can forward an email with keywords -

Email Subject: [Title of note] ![optional date for reminder] @[notebook] #[tag]