Evernote's new "AI editing" β€‹πŸ‘β€‹

Evernote's AI editing is beginning to make sense! Different options that affect only the note content you choose. And it doesn't automatically erase the original text but puts the new content in the clipboard. I'm also happy that the AI button is moved to the side. This is really interesting!

I might have some comments as soon as I have tested it further. And a couple of suggestions for corrections regarding the Danish translations. But more about that later.

PS. This text was checked and corrected by the new AI editingΒ πŸ™‚

ai-edit.png.e05a802d630aaaafd6f456b4bc162753.png

Β 

...and this is EN AI's succestion for social media version:

πŸ€– Exciting news for Evernote users! AI editing now offers options to modify specific note content without erasing the original text. Plus, the AI button has been conveniently relocated. πŸ‘ Testing it out further and will share feedback soon. #Evernote #AI #Editing #Productivity πŸ“

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, janndk said:

Evernote's AI editing is beginning to make sense! Different options that affect only the note content you choose. And it doesn't automatically erase the original text but puts the new content in the clipboard. I'm also happy that the AI button is moved to the side. This is really interesting!

I might have some comments as soon as I have tested it further. And a couple of suggestions for corrections regarding the Danish translations. But more about that later.

PS. This text was checked and corrected by the new AI editingΒ πŸ™‚

ai-edit.png.e05a802d630aaaafd6f456b4bc162753.png

Β 

...and this is EN AI's succestion for social media version:

πŸ€– Exciting news for Evernote users! AI editing now offers options to modify specific note content without erasing the original text. Plus, the AI button has been conveniently relocated. πŸ‘ Testing it out further and will share feedback soon. #Evernote #AI #Editing #Productivity πŸ“

do you have it available yet?

Β 

38 minutes ago, janndk said:

Evernote's AI editing is beginning to make sense!

Does this interface change fix the annoying issue with the search box moving and a double-click onto a search term no longer working? See thread below for details and screenshots/videos:

Β 

17 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

zaujΓ­mavΓ©. ZatiaΔΎ sa mi to neukΓ‘zalo. Budem maΕ₯ oči otvorenΓ©.

still beta testing:

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Does this interface change fix the annoying issue with the search box moving and a double-click onto a search term no longer working? See thread below for details and screenshots/videos:

Β 

I don't use search so often (I organize my notes/projekts in other ways), but yes, there is a new search box popping up when you try to write in the search field.Β 

2 minutes ago, janndk said:

I don't use search so often (I organize my notes/projekts in other ways), but yes, there is a new search box popping up when you try to write in the search field.Β 

Great! Hopefully this fixes the double-click to search problem. I wonder if the "search term not highlighted" issue when using the keyboard shortcut to go to the search box is also fixed? πŸ€”

• 3 months later...

Finally found somewhat of an answer here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/16280830963091-AI-Note-Cleanup-Overview

"a note with minimal formatting will have a limit of around 6.000 characters"

Also:

Character limit: Notes containing less than 100 characters, and more than 6,000 characters are not compatible with AI Note Cleanup.

Full quote:

The AI Note Cleanup feature is powered by a generative AI model, which is by design characterised by a limited-size prompt. Such model doesn't operate on raw text, but rather on the underlying ENML code. This makes the character count available to the end user hard to define, as this can vary widely depending on the note formatting: for example, a note with minimal formatting will have a limit of around 6.000 characters. We'll keep working on the AI Note Cleanup to increase the character limit. We don't have a specific timeline yet, but stay tuned with the next releases to keep up with the latest updates!

Β