Changing the Normal Text Font Size Default

Has anyone figured out how to alter the Normal Text Default from Sans Serif 16 to another font size? On both the Windows desktop app and the iOS app there does not appear to be a way to do so. 

Thanks.

Edited by GordonS
Correct typo/
  • Level 5*

No options to change the defaults yet.  You could set up a 'template' note with some "Lorem ipsum" text(s) in the correct sizes and duplicate the note to create a new one...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

You could set up a 'template' note with some "Lorem ipsum" text(s) in the correct sizes and duplicate the note to create a new one.

I think that it still does not work to set the Headings to non-standard and have them stick when applied (it actually looks like they are lost while saving).

6 hours ago, Dave Green said:

I think that it still does not work to set the Headings to non-standard and have them stick when applied (it actually looks like they are lost while saving).

My experience with 10.76.2 (old UI) is that this bug has finally been solved. I seem to be able to copy and duplicate notes without loosing the updated styles. I haven't yet tried export or making into a template.

I am running Windows version 10.75.2 It appears to be the current version available to me. I created a note, added the text lorem ipsum, set the Normal Text to my desired font size, updated normal to match, and saved it as a template. When I created a new note and selected the template the note was in the hardwired default font. I also tried the same process without saving it as a template. When I duplicated that note, the duplicate was in the hardwired default font. ARRGH! Why am I reminded of the Henry Ford quote about car color, "You can have any color you want as long as it is black." It feels very USER UNFRIENDLY to have to reconfigure every new note to the desired font size.

image.thumb.png.1bfb5e9f078ce49d4bbd2e2b52972d20.png

57 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I am running Windows version 10.75.2 It appears to be the current version available to me.

The EN auto update process is notoriously unreliable/slow and will often say that an out of date version is "the newest version available". There is no reason why you can't download the latest version from the EN website https://evernote.com/download. This is what I do 90% of the time.

• Like 2

Mike, thanks for the pointer. I was able to download and install 10.76.2. I repeated my prior tests and sadly the results were the same. Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem. The first screenshot is of a note with the Normal Text set to 24-point font and Normal text having been updated to match. I save it as a template. The second screenshot shows the result when I apply the template to a new note. The third screenshot shows the result when I use the duplicate note feature. Sigh, still not working. 

image.thumb.png.37d6b0ad73d5ed3703aa34314685ac20.png

image.thumb.png.893df36d50f7661be909421527f628bd.png

image.thumb.png.7daa2cb4d0f82310492007fc91173054.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

My experience with 10.76.2 (old UI) is that this bug has finally been solved. I seem to be able to copy and duplicate notes without loosing the updated styles. I haven't yet tried export or making into a template.

Halfway there, duplicate now works, but templates still don't (at least for me) on macOS.

• Like 1

Hmm, I updated Evernote on my iPad to see if the current iOS version duplicated properly. Sadly, no go. It wasn't going to be an important thing anyway as I primarily use Evernote on my Windows machine.

54 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

Halfway there, duplicate now works, but templates still don't (at least for me) on macOS.

Export doesn't work either. Copy/duplicate  is OK but you need to change the creation date if you want to use it as a pseudo template. Export would be ideal because if you export as an enex without creation date, double clicking it will import a new note with a new creation date which can then be used as a template

UPDATE: It now appears that move and duplicate aren't working for me either. No update to the client so it must be server related.

3 hours ago, Mike P said:

UPDATE: It now appears that move and duplicate aren't working for me either. No update to the client so it must be server related.

I agree, not working here either.  Wrong way!!!  Although it is beginning to seem to be "by design rather than a bug".  ☹️

As a workaround, I use the zoom in (CTRL +) or zoom out (CTRL -) functions. Not ideal but works for me, I mainly use this for when I’m sharing screen other can see bigger text.