Evernote Desktop Search Unreliable Today

Go to solution Solved by redmondm0,

I have a tag such that when I click on it correctly shows 11 notes. However if I go to the search bar and enter tag:X where X is the specific tag I'm looking for, only one note is found. I've made sure that I also selected Search Everywhere.

I'm using the Windows Desktop version of Evernote (version 10.73.4). I also tried Evernote Web, but got the same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Michael

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, redmondm0 said:

Any thoughts?

Save it (and anything similar) to your Favourites as a saved search,  and report the matter to Support.

• Solution

Thanks for the help!

I think I figured out what happened, though I think the behavior is still odd. I entered the tag I wanted on the search bar as tag:X, where X was the tag I wanted. I did not hit enter, however. Immediately underneath was a list (I suppose) of what EN though I was searching for. One of these was tag X. I clicked on it only to get one note. I knew that was incorrect because I had multiple notes tag as X. I redid the search, but this time after entering tag:X in the search bar I hit enter, and EN found all my notes tagged with X.

This seems to me to be strange behavior. Why would EN list tag X as a possible search parameter when clicking on it does not return all the notes tagged with X?

Michael

5 minutes ago, redmondm0 said:

I think I figured out what happened...

OK, THX. Because I've seen such effects from time to time but didn't find any background, this might help to figure out what's going on 😉

Does your tag "X" contain any special character(s) like ">"? There are differences in interpreting wildcards in search phrases that contain such characters in tag names. I.E. tags like ">1" and ">2" are matched with "tag:>*" in Legacy return 0 results in EN10...