I purchased Evernote for one year and I'm strongly dissapointed.

Hello, dear Evernote users.
Throughout the last week I saw a lot of forum posts from people who rely on taking notes for a better productivity or just to enhance their personal development.
I wanted to use Evernote to keep my thoughts organised, not necessarily to boost productivity. I found myself looking for basic features that are nonexistent on this app.
There are functions like pinning a note, choosing a custom thubnail for a note, line spacing options and a lot others that were requested even 11 years ago. 

How is this possible? The user experience is horrible! It feels outdated. What are your expectations for 2024?
I had high hopes for this app. Does Evernote still worth its price?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote changed hands 1 year ago,  and the new owners have been spending most of their time making the app faster and more reliable,  so haven't got around to changing the features much (though they did add AI).  I've been with the app for 15 years and have somewhere north of 60,000 notes,  so find it pretty reasonable.  If there are things you'd like to see changed,  then feed them back to Evernote direct - we're mostly other users here...

• Like 1

There are workarounds for many of the issues that we as users would ideally like to have. One of the strengths of EN is the willingness of us users to contribute those ideas and workarounds to the forums. In my experience we always have to make compromises when selecting a piece of software. Another app may tick the boxes we find missing in EN but introduce another set of missing features. 

If I was choosing an app today, without having been in EN for 11 years, would I still choose EN? Probably, but I would definitely be tempted by some of the competition. If EN don't sort out some of the bugs (not missing features) I may have to take the plunge but at the moment I'm sticking with EN.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

If the features were requested for XX years, and have never been implemented, all other users obviously do without them, and presumably do fine.

I don’t want to argue about the usefulness of the features. But the argument that they are necessary should be founded on more than just claiming they have been asked for a long time. After some years this argument turn itself into a point against implementing them „because they would be needed“.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 1/19/2024 at 3:28 PM, Dominic4551 said:

Hello, dear Evernote users.
Throughout the last week I saw a lot of forum posts from people who rely on taking notes for a better productivity or just to enhance their personal development.
I wanted to use Evernote to keep my thoughts organised, not necessarily to boost productivity. I found myself looking for basic features that are nonexistent on this app.
There are functions like pinning a note, choosing a custom thubnail for a note, line spacing options and a lot others that were requested even 11 years ago. 

How is this possible? The user experience is horrible! It feels outdated. What are your expectations for 2024?
I had high hopes for this app. Does Evernote still worth its price?

Welcome to the forums. Please be aware that we are other users here. "Our" expectations are not necessarily those of the Evernote company. For their views on the present and future state of Evernote, see https://evernote.com/blog/2023-recap. To address them dirctly, feedback@evernote.com.

Regarding pinning a note, this is easily done (along with pinning saved searches, and many other things) on the Evernote Home page: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056265514. Regarding line spacing options, Evernote doesn't include many "advanced" word processing options overall (and I know that what is considered "advanced" is a matter of opinion).

• Like 1