Hi folks,

In Windows EN, I want to copy a notes multiple tags, then paste those tags into another note. How does that work?

I'm pretty sure PinkElephant explained it before long ago, but either I forgot or EN has changed how it works.

Thanks, Duhtch

I do not believe copy/paste of tags is possible. But you may want to try to select both notes (the one WITH these tags and the one you wish the tags to be applied to) and then select the Edit Tag (Alt CTRL T for windows) option. Depending on the amount of tags, you can filter through the tag list and then find that the notes have been "partially tagged" (indicated a "-" before the checkbox of the particular tag(s). If you click on the "-" it changes into a checkmark () indicating that all selected notes now have this tag. 

With this you can select more than 2 notes to apply the tags accordingly. 

Alternatives is to drag and drop from the tag view, or manually assign the tags to the note of course. 

In the old days this Edit tag feature also included the preview of all tags selected to one of the selected notes, and you could then apply all tags directly to all selected notes. This a feature I miss a bit but hopefully this suggestion meets your requirements. Good luck! 

18 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

In Windows EN, I want to copy a notes multiple tags, then paste those tags into another note. How does that work?

• Click the first tag in the parent note to select it
  • shift + click the last one
  • Press ctrl+C to copy the tags
  • Go to the new note and click in the tag area at the bottom
  • Ctrl+V to paste the tags

The first three steps basically generate the comma separated list mentioned by @gazumped

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New info. I was in ENs new UI and tag copy / paste wasn't working. Later when I logged back in, EN switched me back to the old UI. The tagging copy / paste worked like before. At least I'm not losing my mind haha.

• Like 3

Ach, now I've found something else less useful in v10 than it was in Legacy.

Previously, you could select a number of notes by Ctrl-Click; then right-click and "Tag Notes" would give you a list which could be filtered down to the Tags in use on the selected notes (and if you filtered your view once, that filtered view would be the default next time you did it).

Checking or unchecking the boxes from the filtered list, or selecting "All Tags" or similar (I've only got the new less-useful V10 with me just now so can't check) would tag all notes with your selectd Tags without having to scroll through all the many hundred Tags I've gathered over the past 14 years.

Why oh why...

17 minutes ago, AHB said:

Ach, now I've found something else less useful in v10 than it was in Legacy.

It's probably a bit worse than you descibe!

If you select multiple notes and then bring up the edit tags box you can see whether top-level tags have been applied to any of the notes. You can even click on a tag to  to remove it or add it to all the notes.

image.png.7edf09e744da5b047feed925dd122a08.png

However without manually expanding the entire tag hierarchy you have no idea where the other applied tags are.

The only workaround I can think of is to merge the notes, being careful to retain the original notes as well, and then copy the merged tag list to each of the original notes. As workarounds go this is pretty bad!

• Like 2