Note dates updated to most recent when note hasn't been edited - only viewed.

Fiercehairdo

Idea

I am noticing a problem whereby some notes I look at - without making any edits - update their timestamp and thus get moved to the top of the list as most recent. These are sometimes very old notes that I really don't want showing as new since they are not new and have not been edited in years. This is particularly common problem on the iPhone app but I have just noticed the Mac desktop app is doing it to older notes too.

Is this a known issue? is it being addressed? Can I do anything to stop this behaviour as it is messing up my note organisation?

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Yes, this was quite annoying. However it doesn't update the date any more on viewing for me, neither on the iPhone (EN 10.65.1) nor on the Mac (EN 10.71.2).

Maybe you just need to update.

I have the most up to date versions of Evernote across my devices and they all have this problem. This is a very damaging problem that seriously undermines the functionality of the app. They need to fix this immediately.

• Level 5

Which are the clients you actually use. "The latest" does not necessarily mean the versions posted above.

For desktop "the latest" already seems to be 10.72 - with an explicit mentioning of this bug fixed. If it's not in your case, it would be good to know.

I am on 10.71.2. This is the latest version available to me on the Mac via the App Store, made available 6 days ago. But I would also point out that the iPhone version has had this bug for months now.

• Evernote Expert

The app store versions are notoriously problematic. I would uninstall then download the latest version from evernote.com/download

10.72.2 claims to have a fix for this issue.