Sections

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Good morning from Vienna!

Are there plans to divide the forum into sub-forums again? I think that used to be the case and now there is only this one "General Discussions" forum and everything is merging into an unpalatable mash of complaints, technical questions, detailed questions and requests for invoices.
For a (paying) customer, the forum is a desolate wasteland, the tone is harsh and toxic.
I understand that BS is in the process of getting EN under control and I understand from a process manager perspective that this includes some unpopular decisions such as capacity management related restrictions.
But BS (and some of the long-time users here) should not forget how the forum acts as the only, quasi-direct point of contact for ordinary customers who are not here to discuss their frustrations, but simply want to exchange ideas with other users.
The way the forum is now is off-putting and disturbing.

A division by topic could help users to find their way around and simply leave sections they are not interested in. General Discussions seems more like a makeshift solution to me, an opinion dump. That's enough for now anyway, but I hope BS doesn't underestimate the importance of customer interaction, support and the customer experience when dealing with customers.

Regards,

Peter

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Well, the forum is offering the sections, nothing has changed here.

What has changed is the utilization of the forum as a ranting ground for dissatisfied users. I think it’s a wave that will abide by itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Well, the forum is offering the sections, nothing has changed here.

What has changed is the utilization of the forum as a ranting ground for dissatisfied users. I think it’s a wave that will abide by itself.

I see. My fault. I have totally overseen the main page of the forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/

But as far as I see, the other boards are not very busy - last updates are from 2021/22 - right?

• Level 5

Yes, this seems to be a development during the course of 2023: for whatever reason, people see the General Discussion forum and just post there, even if they have a Mac- or Android- (etc.) specific question. This is only slight compensated for by people posting Windows and Mac issues in the Android forum. 🙄 At the moment we just have to deal with it. Perhaps when the tidal wave of grievance over price increases and free account limitations has passed, people will look more carefully for where to post.

• Like 3