Inviting New User Not Working

Go to solution Solved by AlexLex,

I am trying to invite a New User.

I have 3 seats.

When I send the invitation link for the 3rd seat, the Email doesnt get through.

I can't open a support ticket (link not working on evernote website).

Can anyone help?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Device? OS? Evernote version? Subscriber?

Windows 11 Pro

Using Admin Console from Edge browser.

The dashboard says that the invite was successfully sent.

Tried to revoke access and invite again.

Tried the "Resend" button multiple times.

• Evernote Expert

I suspect you are referring to an Evernote Teams account since you mention 'three seats'.

If that's the case then I suspect that we will be unlikely to be able to give help since few of any of us have experience with Teams account admin.

I'd suggest that you raise a support ticket. Try doing that in a different browser. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'd suggest you use the Account support option.

I've no idea how speedily support is responding to assist Teams users.

• Like 1

you have shown me that with an external link I can share a note with a non Evernote user. Finally! I will try anew to share with my siblings (all non evernote users) our mother’s medical history, so that they can view and edit it, instead of sending them a pdf after each update of my evernote-note.

Tutuapp 9Apps

Still no answer from Evernote after 5 days.

If any of you have a contact there, I'd be grateful if you'd pass the word on. 

This can't be serious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

It seems that the Email was not arriving because the account already had a personal Evernote account.

It seems like if an Email address is linked to a personal Evernote account, it cannot receive Evernote Teams invitations (which is a bit weird...).

This is still strange, as we were unable to close the personal account associated with this address. When we clicked on the "send confirmation code" button, the confirmation code never arrived either.

The solution was to send the invitation to another address.

• Level 5

The email address is used for the Account ID. So I think it’s logical it can’t be used again for a second account if it is already in use.

Beside this I think the practice to send invites to private mail addresses runs in contradiction to the intended separation of professional data by the teams account setup. I would expect my organization running a teams account to have an own domain, with the mail addresses of the team members created from that domain.

Only this will allow the admin to control the whole account, including receiving password and user resets in case the account needs to be taken back. In the end when a team member leaves the group, it should be ensured he can’t take relevant information with him.