Unwanted sort behavior

I have my notes sorted by date updated in notebooks. I've noticed recently that when I do a search for a note, some of the notes that appear in my search become now appear at the top of a notebook list, despite my having not edited them. This is highly unwanted behavior. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what might be causing it. This is Mac desktop but I think I've also noticed it in the Mac Windows version.

• Level 5

There are already many threads about this.

We agree as users this is unwanted behavior. But to change it, we need to plaster support with tickets, it seems. Posting here unfortunately will not change nothing.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, DavidD said:

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what might be causing it.

It seems to have started when they moved over to the new real time editing sync technology, which in general was a good move but has resulted in some residual problems such as this. I notice this with a varying amount of frequency depending on the latest update, so I think they are working on it, but don’t have their hands around it yet. Sort by date updated is of limited use until they fix this.

• Thanks 1

The app should distinguish between note changes made by the user and those made by the system, which are invisible and irrelevant to the user. As others said, the problem occurs not only after converting from the old to the new RTE format, but also with minor internal (format) changes afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, eric99 said:

The app should distinguish between note changes made by the user and those made by the system, which are invisible and irrelevant to the user.

I agree, and I would also like to be able to select in settings which change(s) trigger the date change, as well as a manual overwrite.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 1/4/2024 at 8:19 AM, DavidD said:

I have my notes sorted by date updated in notebooks. I've noticed recently that when I do a search for a note, some of the notes that appear in my search become now appear at the top of a notebook list, despite my having not edited them. This is highly unwanted behavior. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what might be causing it. This is Mac desktop but I think I've also noticed it in the Mac Windows version.

The newly released version 10.72.2 is supposed to have fixed this bug of marking notes as updated when they've only been viewed. If it's not showing up in your desktop app yet (they do these rollouts gradually), you can download it directly from the Evernote Website.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The newly released version 10.72.2 is supposed to have fixed this bug of marking notes as updated when they've only been viewed. If it's not showing up in your desktop app yet (they do these rollouts gradually), you can download it directly from the Evernote Website.

Thanks very much - that is helpful.

• Like 1