If you need a calling to leave Evernote, here it is

After the recent update (and lack of transparency) with a limit to 50 notes for free users, I made the switch to Notion and haven't looked back. Importing was a bit of a hassle and it took me hours to fix some formatting issues. But the tools of customizability and features that free Notion has compared to Evernote are night and day. Plus I'm not getting a notification every time I log in to ask me to pay money and upgrade my account 😅

• Level 5*

I'd imagine the rest of the 'free note taking' market were  surprised and pleased to receive hundreds of thousands of new users.  Wonder how long they'll be able to fund their own free services eating up the cost of storage and bandwidth...

• Like 6
  • Level 5*
26 minutes ago, OriginalST said:

Plus I'm not getting a notification every time I log in to ask me to pay money and upgrade my account 😅

At least not yet.  Notion sounds very much like Evernote in the early days.  At some point, the VCs will want a payback on their investment.  Maybe they will be more successful at that than Evernote 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'd imagine the rest of the 'free note taking' market were  surprised and pleased to receive hundreds of thousands of new users.  Wonder how long they'll be able to fund their own free services eating up the cost of storage and bandwidth...

Worry not what has yet to happen.

Worry about current circumstances and if there are backup plans.

The price increase is crazy. I've been a paying subscriber for 14 years. But in 2 years we've gone from 29 euros to 59 euros to 99 euros. The e-mail (deliberately vague in its subject and sent in the middle of a newsletter from evernote) talks about changes and says that you don't pay more for an exact product. Except that the features mentioned (such as synchronization) are simple bug fixes. I was charged yesterday, asked for a refund and now I'm off somewhere else.

I am ok to pay something for the service but not more than my deezer usbscription an application which, in addition, has to pay back a good part of its sales to music companies as broadcasting rights, which is not the case with evernote.

• Level 5

It escapes me why anybody needs to wait until the last minute to decide about a subscription renewal. 4 weeks should be more than enough to take that decision and implement it.

A running subscription can be cancelled any time, and will simply expire at the end of the subscription period.

But Procrastes is our best friend, and now it’s occupying support again with yet another unnecessary claim to be refunded for not being able to manage a simple thing in time.

Just my opinion …

• Like 1
  • Level 5
8 hours ago, clypac said:

The price increase is crazy. I've been a paying subscriber for 14 years. But in 2 years we've gone from 29 euros to 59 euros to 99 euros. The e-mail (deliberately vague in its subject and sent in the middle of a newsletter from evernote) talks about changes and says that you don't pay more for an exact product. Except that the features mentioned (such as synchronization) are simple bug fixes. I was charged yesterday, asked for a refund and now I'm off somewhere else.

I am ok to pay something for the service but not more than my deezer usbscription an application which, in addition, has to pay back a good part of its sales to music companies as broadcasting rights, which is not the case with evernote.

Please don't double post. It wastes space and creates confusion.

• Like 2