Can't create note on Android

Pixel 6 Pro running Evernote 10.62.2 — It's working for me.

Sorry to hear that, I had another issue on desktop recently which was semi-resolved.

You seem like you have tried most recommended solutions, can you try to double tap on a created note and see whether you can access edit mode?

Can you also trying customising your dashboard with the scratch pad and see whether you can even type anything there, if it works, try converting it into a note?

Trying to narrow down the issue.

Okay just realized I have no My Notebook on mobile

I do have it on my PC, I can see the notes, but My Notebook doesn't show on notebook and on shortcuts on Android

When I try to change default note location I can select anything, just an empty screen

Can you try login in via web with the same account, and then create a note — does it work?

Can you try to create a Widget (one of them) and try create a note from there?

If this does not works, can you try (again) clearing cache, then force stop, then uninstall. In this order.

Then restart phone, reinstall, login, try to create note? 

The web interface and PC always worked

I tried creating a note from the scratch pad on Android and it didn't work

I already tried again the re-install procedure

I think that the issue is really not creating a note per se but the fact that I can't see My Notebook on Android

Not sure what can I try that will show the notebook, maybe it's a license issue that happened while I transition to being a paying customer

Haha, yea, again just trying to narrow down where to look into next — people were kind to help me recently when I had an issue, so paying it forward.

I know how it feels to replicate troubleshooting steps, so for those you have tried, I won't suggest — hope to at least get a workaround or at least we know some root causes :)

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Or Cohen said:

I think that the issue is really not creating a note per se but the fact that I can't see My Notebook on Android

I assume that My Notebook is your default notebook, marked as such (with a tiny little star on the notebook icon) in the notebooks list in the left panel on Windows and Web. I have to say it's very surprising that the default notebook just wouldn't appear in the Android app. Do you have other notebooks, and do they appear in Android? Since you were able to contact support, I assume you have a paid subscription, which would allow you to have multiple notebooks.

I think the first thing I'd do would be to uninstall Evernote again, and then power the phone all the way off, wait a minute and start it back up. I might even do that twice before installing Evernote again. Once you re-install, give it some time to download stuff, then look and see. (You have to leave Evernote open while it does that for best results.)

Another option might be to designate a different notebook as default in the Windows or Web client and see what effect that has in Android. I'm kind of spitballing here, because this is pretty unusual from what I've seen in these forums.

Yep, paid subscription.

Would waiting a minute help? I can try it since it's harmless.

Also changing the default might work, but I'm hoping not to ruin anything.

Right now, not only am I able to access other notebooks, but I can still see notes from My Notebook on the notes part of the app.

It just doesn't show as a notebook.

• Evernote Expert

Here's a suggestion...

On Android create a new empty notebook.

After a couple of minutes check that it has appeared on another device. On the other device COPY the notes in 'My Notebook' to the new notebook created on the Android device.

After a few minutes check that the notes have appeared on the Android device in the new notebook.

Assuming all remains well. Mark the new notebook as your default notebook using a desktop or web client. Again check all is still visible on the Android client.

Finally if all is well delete the original 'My Notebook'.

If all remains well then you can rename the new default notebook if you wish.

• Like 1

Okayyyy

It sort of works now after selecting another notebook as default then going back to My Notebook

On the notebooks slide I see the wrong number of notes, the notebook page shows the right one

When adding the widget it shows two(!!) My Notebook instances that are linked

Screenshot_20231228-133503~2.png

Screenshot_20231228-133530~2.png

Screenshot_20231228-133541.png