Mac desktop app - Home Page flickering

Hello, is anyone else experiencing this issue? It started today. When you hover the mouse over different sections on the home screen in the Mac desktop app, such as widgets, shortcuts, notes, header image, etc., the screen starts to flicker, and objects appear and disappear intermittently.

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Variag said:

This does not happen with 10.67.3. I have just run the old version and the landing page is working correctly again. 

Is there a place to file a bug report?

10.68.3 is the current one, just released.  If the problem still exists go to https://help.evernote.com.  You will need to login to file a support request.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Variag said:

That support form only allows Accounting/Billing/Password Reset categories ?!?

If you scroll down the list, you should also see a Technical Issues option.  If you are a free user, maybe the options are limited.

image.png.82185b5fe7efc8d86292ca771924c12c.png

• Like 2

I'm on evernote 10.68.3 and Sonoma 14.2.1 and have this problem. Not sure if it will help you, but if you are able to kind of move the pointer slowly you can get over to the notes pane on left when it's visible and click on a note to display it. This seems to clear it up for me and even then when i click on 'Home' it's working. Not sure for how long yet, though.

Quick udpate: if I maximize or full-screen the app, it starts messing up again if i then go to home screen.  Restoring from full-screen or max, then it recovers by clicking on a note on the left.

Same here. 14.2.1.  Removed App with AppCleaner, reinstalled from both direct download from Evernote.com and the App Store, no difference.

I did figure out that if you don't maximize the Evernote window (keep it at 75%), the flickering does not happen.

Evernote Customer Support is worthless these days, so I have not bothered to submit a ticket, will watch this thread for an eventual fix...

38 minutes ago, bandrews said:

Same here. 14.2.1.  Removed App with AppCleaner, reinstalled from both direct download from Evernote.com and the App Store, no difference.

I did figure out that if you don't maximize the Evernote window (keep it at 75%), the flickering does not happen.

Evernote Customer Support is worthless these days, so I have not bothered to submit a ticket, will watch this thread for an eventual fix...

How did you set the size to 75%? Dragging the corner to reduce the window to smaller sizes does not seem to fix the problem for me.

1 hour ago, SJordan said:

How did you set the size to 75%? Dragging the corner to reduce the window to smaller sizes does not seem to fix the problem for me.

75% is a guesstimate; I shrunk the Evernote app window and then moved my cursor over the homescreen; if it flickered, I would make the window a little smaller, till I tested again and it stopped flickering.  Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, bandrews said:

75% is a guesstimate; I shrunk the Evernote app window and then moved my cursor over the homescreen; if it flickered, I would make the window a little smaller, till I tested again and it stopped flickering.  Hope this helps!

Ah, ok. No matter how small I make the screen I can't seem to get rid of the flicker. Appreciate it

Guess I'll wait for the fix. 

This is happening to me to.  Premium sub, using Mac Ventura.  Have tried logging in and out and restarting computer.  Damn annoying, it's totally unusable

Edit:  the 75% screensize hack seems to work

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, maceddie said:

Same problem here. Macbook Air M2, Sonoma 14.2.1. and Evernote 10.68.3
Reinstalling didn't help. But reducing the size of the window seems to help.

Out of curiosity, what video resolution are you running?

Hi. Having this problem for a week or 10 days, on MacBook Pro, M1 Pro chip, 32 Go, Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68). Screen resolution as suggested, 1728*1117.

I've always been using my apps full screen. When reducing the Evernote window, can't say what the size of the window is, but the flicker stops.

I'd like to get back to being able to use Evernote full screen, as I used to with the prior version.

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

@badmuzo You don't say which version of Evernote you are using. This does seem to be a Mac Sonoma issue. The latest version of Evernote 10.70.2 is breakfast being released. If you don't have that test I would suggest waiting to see if the situation is resolved with the latest update.

Also having this same issue - 13 inch MacBook Pro M1 running latest version of Evernote - okay on notes screens, just the Home Screen is the issue. Logged out, restarted Mac, ran utilities on Mac, updated all software for Sonoma and Evernote - no change, still having the issues.

Okay on web version, just the Mac version. Will try reducing the screen size to 75% but I usually use it in full screen so pretty annoying! Never had an issue with the software in over 10 years - bummer!

I'm still having the same Flickering issues with Sonoma (14.2.1) and latest Evernote (10.70.2) on Intel Macbook Pro.

I did have some flickering at start but disappeared.

New update available 10.70.2 (I am using direct download but I see the MacStore has updated version too available) and it seems to be working fine now, zero flickering?

Working on Sonoma (14.2.1) and latest Evernote (10.70.2) on Intel Macbook Pro.

The flickering has mostly disappeared. Now it only happens when the I have the machine with some load while also working/navigating on Evernote.

same problem here, currently using Sonoma 14.1.1 and Evernote 10.68.3

I manage to get rid of the flickering by resize the app to a relatively small window, the flicker will stop when it reach a certain size.

then drag it back to bigger window, the flicker will not come back

but it still annoys especially when it comes to a paid app.