Have I hit the limit for my plan?

• Level 5

There have been several reports of free users with fewer than 50 notes being unable to create new ones. No more than one notebook can be created (and there are reports that notes can't be moved among notebooks in free accounts), but multiple existing notebooks shouldn't prevent creating new notes. There is clearly some kind of glitch somewhere. Unfortunately, it is not somewhere that your fellow users in the forum are likely to find. Nor is support an option for free accounts. Sadly, no real advice to offer, just summing up the situation. You might look for one of the other threads on this topic and hop on there.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I think but don't know for sure that the one notebook limit prevents creation of new notes if there are multiple notebooks.

I would export the smaller notebook. Then delete it. Now empty the Trash.

Can you now create a new note? You can import the exported notebook contents into the remaining one notebook.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. @agsteele  that is my guess too.

I want my second "free" notebook and can manage with the 32 notes. Stupid thing is I don't know what my note-limit is. If I delete a note, I will probably not be able to create a new one back to 32. 

I have less than 30 notes but they are spread across 5 notebooks.  I'm trying to consolidate the notes into one notebook but the "move" function is not functioning.  Any other options?

I would create a new note and copy:paste but I'm prohibited from creating a new note until I reduce down to 1 notebook