Evernote 2024 Product Roadmap

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

• Level 5*
  • Solution

You wouldn't.  Nothing has been published since the new owners took over earlier this year - nothing was ever published before that either.  Since the new guys have been mainly fighting fires since they took over,  I'd think it will be next year before we get any hints...

• Like 3
  • Level 5
2 minutes ago, zrob said:

How can I find the Evernote 2024 Product Roadmap?

Would like to know where Evernote is headed over the next year (or more) and what features they are wanting to implement.

So, do you work for Google, Microsoft, Notion, or what? Because those are the people I expect would especially like to know that. Which is why no one at Evernote is going to discuss it in any detail at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Nope, just want to know if they plan to implement features that I would find personally valuable.

I've worked with companies that make their product roadmap available to customers. Helps keep the customers invested and interested in the company/product.

• Like 8
  • Level 5

I would say at the current subscription rates you can call us users „invested“ 🙃

They don‘t publish roadmaps, but from what they have published, we know that currently the focus is on performance and reliability. There is work on the server backend going on, from which we know little. But given the extend of functions provided by the server software, if there is something to fix, it should be fixed. BS officials ave spoken about a huge technical debt that build up over time, and needs to be taken care of.

After that I think we will see more AI applications - for me those we got until now have been less than exiting.

• Like 5
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, zrob said:

I've worked with companies that make their product roadmap available to customers. Helps keep the customers invested and interested in the company/product.

I actually know and use software that does that, generally specialized products with little direct competition, other than with more generalized software. But Evernote, as we all know, has got a bunch of competition, and I suspect that would have them playing their cards close to the vest.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I actually know and use software that does that, generally specialized products with little direct competition, other than with more generalized software. But Evernote, as we all know, has got a bunch of competition, and I suspect that would have them playing their cards close to the vest.

That makes sense to me.

It does make me wonder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt Evernote is acquiring a lot of new customers at the moment due to fierce competition and being a more traditional note taking system (which can be a selling point in and of itself). I think proving to existing customers that they are going to work on valuable things would keep existing customers invested and less likely to develop "shiny new app" syndrome with other systems AND maybe convince prospective customers to switch to Evernote.

Unless they have truly revolutionary note-taking ideas in their back pocket, they'll just implement features that other systems already implement. If this thought process is correct, then there's no reason to hide a roadmap because of fear of competition. The roadmap would then be a tool to boost confidence in the brand compared to a liability due to competition.

Thoughts?

• Like 2
On 12/12/2023 at 10:06 PM, zrob said:

Nope, just want to know if they plan to implement features that I would find personally valuable.

Absolutely agree. Robust reliable note taking, a reliable WebClipper, Tasks and a native calendar would keep me here. Just renewed my subscription. Overall it is still a great product, just the most recent investments in AI solutions have been a waste in my opinion. Thus, it would be appreciated to understand where EN is heading.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

To learn about Evernote's plans and upcoming features for 2024 and beyond, check their official blog, community forums, and Help & Learning resources for announcements. Stay updated on social media channels, and if needed, contact Evernote support for specific information. Companies often share insights through these channels, ensuring you receive the latest details on their product roadmap.

• Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

theres some much potential with AI, but i have no idea what we are doing with it. 
AI Summary is prettty much useless i think...especially if i pay for chatgpt plus

AI search could had been better but it even find stuff properly. Searching for "Show me my notes on US Commercial property" gives me China stuff, or things like Tencent. Not sure how the algo works behind, definitely no AI there.

• Level 5*

Evernote's AI Summary is a work in progress.  Don't like it? - Don't use it.  Similar for search - there's a feedback button there:  if you get anomalous results,  tell Evernote about it (we're mainly other users here) and it will get better.  AI's need to be trained - the more people asking questions,  the more accurate it will become.