Cannot Create New Note Despite <50 Notes & <1 Notebook

Hi all,

So with that new 50-note and 1-notebook limit, I reduced all my notes to 25 notes and 1 notebook. However, I still cannot make a new note and get the “upgrade” pop-up.

Troubleshooting:

• Platforms: iPhone and iPad apps.
  • Popup occurs on both apps whenever new note creation is attempted.
  • I can duplicate notes.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, agsteele said:

Did you empty the trash as well. There have been some suggestions that notes in Trash count towards the 50 limit.

I didn’t! Now that I have emptied my trash, selecting “new note” brings up a blank note that is not editable: I can’t enter text, nor a title, and the green “done” checkmark in the top left is gray instead of the usual green. This issue persists on both my iPad and iPhone versions of the app, so perhaps Evernote is syncing the “Empty Trash” action.

• Level 5*
On 12/13/2023 at 2:34 AM, kwright73 said:

I'm having the same problem, except that emptying the trash did nothing for me. Still can't create new note. Help? Very frustrating.

If you can see your existing notes,  that's a start - how many notes/ notebooks do you have now?

On 12/16/2023 at 3:41 AM, s2sailor said:

Have you tried accessing your account on the web to see if the problem exists there too?

I tried it out and I could get a new note created but it still hasn’t synced to my other devices. I’ll give it some time and we’ll see.

I to am under the 50 note new limit.  I deleted all of my trash notes.  I  still cannot create a new note.  When I try I just get the screen saying I  cannot have more than 50 notes in the free version.  It seems like once you hit the 50 limit you are forever locked out of new notes, even if you deleted many notes to get under the 50 limit.   Am I  missing something?

14 hours ago, agsteele said:

You say "other devices". On a Free account there is a maximum of two devices and the web clients count as one.

I'm aware of that. My only devices were iPhone and iPad before I connected to the web, at which point I disconnected my iPad, so I could try making a new note via web (which was successful).

I still can't create new notes via iPad/iPhone due to the 50 note/1 notebook limit that I am well under.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It might be the devices. It might be the upload limit.

You can check in account information if you violate the one or the other.

The Upload Limit has a separate warning popup from the Note Limit popup afaik. It also doesn't seem related to the grayed-out new note issue I'm having.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:34 PM, kwright73 said:

I'm having the same problem, except that emptying the trash did nothing for me. Still can't create new note. Help? Very frustrating.

I have the same problme, the only way around it that i could find is using scratch pad, type anything, the convert to note, this will add a new note, then you can edit it. Hope this helps you.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:15 AM, Nesho said:

I have the same problme, the only way around it that i could find is using scratch pad, type anything, the convert to note, this will add a new note, then you can edit it. Hope this helps you.

Have you tried duplicating a note? That was my workaround. A recent update seemingly fixed this glitch.