Problem with automatic date/time update when just opening a note without modifying anything in it

Noted that in last versions Evernote (10.67.2) updates the date/time at note opening, even if I don't change anything in it:  I organise my to-do notes in a Notebook and order them by update date/time. This is practical to keep them ordered. If I search and open an older note just to read it (without changing anything kin it !) Evernote updates automatically the date/time so I find the note at top position which is unpractical in a to-do list. There is a fix for this ? 

I am sure that this did't happen with previous 10.xx versions therefore there must be a recent change that introduced this problem. A am an old Evernote user and remember that years ago it was even possible to change by hand note update date/time. This was perfect for this purpose. Now is no more impossible but at least I would expect that Evernote doesn't modify the note date if I don't change anything in it.

Hmm... I am having a similar issue, but my notes are not changing back. I looked at few yesterday (some last edited many years ago), and looking at them now, they still show up as updated yesterday. For me, it seems to be happening only to notes that have images embedded in them.

2 hours ago, barrrt said:

Hmm... I am having a similar issue, but my notes are not changing back. I looked at few yesterday (some last edited many years ago), and looking at them now, they still show up as updated yesterday. For me, it seems to be happening only to notes that have images embedded in them.

> it seems to be happening only to notes that have images embedded in them.

Yes!
In some notebooks with images, time did not change back.

Then I have the same symptoms.

7 minutes ago, federicobonetti said:

But I am sure it didn't happen with previous EV releases !

I like the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". EN seem to have adopted "if it ain't broke, break it" instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Mike P said:

I like the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". EN seem to have adopted "if it ain't broke, break it" instead.

I don't understand why they don't offer an open beta program. Evernote has a number of very passionate/loyal users (many of them active on this forum) who would gladly subscribe to a beta channel and help catch many of these bugs before they hit the public. The Signal messaging app similarly has a number of loyal users who put in a lot of time beta testing and it seems to work very well. See https://support.signal.org/hc/en-us/articles/360007318471-Signal-Beta for example.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

I don't understand why they don't offer an open beta program. Evernote has a number of very passionate/loyal users (many of them active on this forum) who would gladly subscribe to a beta channel and help catch many of these bugs before they hit the public. The Signal messaging app similarly has a number of loyal users who put in a lot of time beta testing and it seems to work very well. See https://support.signal.org/hc/en-us/articles/360007318471-Signal-Beta for example.

Evernote 10 is still in a kind of beta stage, so we all are beta testers. 🤔 Although I appreciate the quick and frequent updates, I would hope they would do at least some simple basic testing before sending updates out 😟

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I don't understand why they don't offer an open beta program. Evernote has a number of very passionate/loyal users (many of them active on this forum) who would gladly subscribe to a beta channel and help catch many of these bugs before they hit the public.

I really wish they would consider a beta program.  Almost every release has introduced new errors which just compounds their support problem.  Of course, another solution would be to do better testing … but I think that may be crazy talk.

• Like 1