I cannot use the features of the personal subscription after paying the price

My Evernote subscription has been paid on 11/22/2023. But since then the status of my account is still Evernote free. I have paid the money throught the web-site evernote.com. Please advise. I can't even opt out of this paid service and get a refund

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you signed out of Evernote and back in / restarted your device since the upgrade?  It usually takes a short while for the new status to show,  but if the payment went through you should have been suitably updated.  I'd check your payment account first and make sure the transaction actually happened,  then restart everything to check whether the account has been processed.  Check also at your billing page which should show the status of your account.

You can raise this with Support,  and if the experience left you too traumatised you can get a refund - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

Response times are slow at the moment - be patient if you need them...

• 2 weeks later...

HI. Following your recommendations, I have signed out of the Evernote account and rebooted my device. But nothing helps. I made a subscription through the official web-site evernote.com on 11/22/2023. Despite this and all my messages to evernote support servises, my account is still listed as Evernote Free and the offer to switch to a higher tariff is constantly displayed. At the same time, the website states that they credited my last payment and even contains an invoice with the relevant data and amount.

Furthermore, I received an email on 11/22/2023 to confirm receipt of my funds that said: "Your Evernote subscription has been paid on 11/22/2023". By following the link "view your billing information", I can see the relevant invoice for payment on the official website. Now I want to get a refund, but the link You have already gave me, does not contain an email address to contact. The only email I have - appreviewhelp@evernote.com. And I have got the answer from this email : "This email address is not the designed channel for submitting new support requests." This is starting to sound like a bad joke and makes me think about a lawsuit

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Legal said:

the link You have already gave me, does not contain an email address to contact.

Hi.  There is no email address - it's an online form to request support.  If you can log into your account and see the invoice details I can't imagine what has gone wrong with the payment.  If your notes are synced up to date you could try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your device,  but you need to contact Support for anything more.  We're mainly other users here and have no access to the systems. 

What device,  OS and Evernote version are you using?

• Like 1

I recall not long ago Federico and a few others from the staff were reading the forums and actually caring about user experience.  What has gone wrong? Are they all on holiday or do they just not care? I am so sorry @Legal you have paid for a service and due to a mix of their incompetence (the framework has failed to recognise payment) and their disinterest (not monitoring forums or dealing with support requests) that you are now in this position.  I really hope it is resolved for you soon but sadly there is nothing much the forums can do other than agree this is wholly unacceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are 2 support options, one for logged in users, one support as a guest if a login problem exists.

Evernote Support Ticket:

Support as guest:

If there is a problem, you can DM the ticket number to one of the forum admins, and they can try to push it with support. The ticket number is in the return email you receive when you have issued a ticket through the web form.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2023 at 12:44 PM, gazumped said:

What device,  OS and Evernote version are you using?

Hi. Thank You. My iOS - 16.6.1 and I have no idea, how can I get the info about the Evernote version. 

18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Open the app. Tap on settings (the gear wheel beside your account name), watch at the bottom of the settings page. You find the version number there.

Ok, I got it. My Evernote 10.62.0 (1213982)

• Like 1

UPD. I received an encouraging message about successful processing of mu refund request. Hopefully, I`ll receive my money soon and and this story will be completed. It is too bad they didn't offer to fix the situation otherwise. But still it's a solution if it would be implemented.

3 hours ago, Legal said:

UPD. I received an encouraging message about successful processing of mu refund request. Hopefully, I`ll receive my money soon and and this story will be completed. It is too bad they didn't offer to fix the situation otherwise. But still it's a solution if it would be implemented.

Very true. You would think they would apologise, fix the error and then state if you wanted a refund they would do so. It seems instead they have not fixed the issue and instead will just give you your money back, throwing money away instead of seeking to retain customers. 

• Evernote Expert

Or they are doing exactly what @Legal requested.

Perhaps an even better approach would be to give the requested refund and then, having resolved the issue, granted a few months free access as compensation. Perhaps @Legal would have then been persuaded that a subscription would be useful ;)