Cannot move notes to another notebook

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I have had a free account for a decade. This week, it switched to 50 notes. Not a problem—I only have 36 notes. However, for convenience, those are in 6 notebooks. According to the display, I can now only have one notebook. Not a problem—I'll combine them into one notebook and delete the other notebooks. 

I was surprised to see that I can't move or copy the notes. I get the popup notice to upgrade, and back to the start. I can't delete the excess notebooks because that will delete the notes. So after using Evernote for a decade, I find no way to adjust my content to fix the drastic new rules. What can I do? I don't need a 100,000 note paid solution. Is quitting Evernote the only option?

• Level 5

Is Evernote allowing you to access the notes in all 6 notebooks? If so, there may not be a problem. My understanding is that if you have >50 notes you can't create new ones, but can access and edit what you have. Maybe it's the same with notebooks: you can't create a new one, and can't reorganize, but the organization you have remains intact. But I'm just guessing.

I had a similar issue with the notebook limit. What worked for me was exporting notes from the extra notebooks, creating a new one, and then importing them. It's a bit of a workaround, but at least I didn't lose anything.

Not sure if someone made changes to the code, but today I am finally able to do some of the move/export/import options that were suggested. Previously those only resulted in the upgrade notice and I was not able to continue. 

• Like 1