MANUAL SORT

Slow Learner

Idea

It's not like this feature hasn't been requested a zillion times in the forums. It has to be the most basic of all features in a note-taking app, right?

What is taking the Evernote team so long to respond to a simple, basic request for years?

Sort order based on date created, date updated, or title heralds back to the days of WordStar, DOS, etc... Simple drag and drop of notes in a notebook in all OS's needs to happen, or keep on losing users.

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

We have work arounds but personally I think a manual sort option would be useful.  I would also like to see true note pinning.  Updating the UI is supposedly on their list.  I hope they consider these as well as a few others.

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Updating the UI is supposedly on their list.

I think the UI will tweak how things look rather than what you can do.  So if anything arrives it seems that it may only go a short way down the operations that will be improved.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I think the UI will tweak how things look rather than what you can do.  So if anything arrives it seems that it may only go a short way down the operations that will be improved.

I’ll consider it a start 🙂.

Sorry. The feature I'm interested in is sorting lists in alphabetical order. I reviewed forum listings and this seems to be a feature with a long request history. I thought expressing my interest in this thread made more sense than starting a new thread. 

Is it my use of the word "bump“ that is the problem? I did mention sorting lists. It would help finding items in long lists

Edited by SteveHolle
Additional info
11 hours ago, SteveHolle said:

Sorry. The feature I'm interested in is sorting lists in alphabetical order. I reviewed forum listings and this seems to be a feature with a long request history. I thought expressing my interest in this thread made more sense than starting a new thread.

I think you are talking about a list of text inside a note? I think this thread is for manually sorting a list of notes in a notebook -- so that you can manually rearrange the way the order that the notes appear in the notebook.

Even though the thread that I've linked below is older, it does have recent comments and is more inline with what I think you are wanting:

• Like 1