Evernote support is amongst the worst I have come across

I raised two tickets for clear errors and having worked in IT included all the info they need. All I get is automated responses. This is not good enough for a premium product. Strongly considering switching back to OneNote which is at least effectively free.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Running an IT support team is a bit like running a restaurant kitchen.  (Been there - the IT thing, not a restaurant - got a t-shirt).  While everything runs smoothly customers are very happy.  If there's suddenly a rush,  people get very upset because the service is slow - but it's not like you can draft in the next 5 people you see to take up the slack;  you need people who understand the system,  know what ingredients to use and even have a little talent for the job.  It's not easy to upscale at short notice.

The fact you have an automated response,  with a ticket number,  means you have a place in the queue.  Your soup will be here soon.

-By the way: we're mainly other users here;  we have no control over Support,  but if you're having an issue we may be able to suggest some fixes...

• Level 5

We can only observe the very long reaction time from support, and assume they either have too little manpower, or too many requests.

We can all agree it is way beyond everything a premium web service should allow, and it's a complete mismatch with raising subscriptions fees. So far, so good. But it doesn't change a thing.

If you have a technical question, feel free to post it here in the adequate subforum. For everything related to account / access or payment / refunding issues, there is no way to avoid pulling a number by issuing a ticket and waiting your time in the queue. 

Scannable is a real time waster.  I am constantly given dubious responses by the help bot. Particularly with regard to support for scannable when it claims that I have exceeded my upload quota, when I have not. I need real help from evernote not a constant flow of FAQ responses.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Henesy said:

Scannable is a real time waster.  I am constantly given dubious responses by the help bot. Particularly with regard to support for scannable when it claims that I have exceeded my upload quota, when I have not. I need real help from evernote not a constant flow of FAQ responses.

Hi.  As that was the first time we heard anything about this,  how about filling in some background details like device / OS / Evernote version / subscription level? 

Upload quotas belong to Evernote,  and it decides whether or not you have exceeded the limit.  By the way we're not Support (or Evernote,  come to that),  just mainly other users.  We can offer suggestions in most cases - like maybe use the Evernote camera feature if you're adding notes,  or try an app similar to Scannable like Adobe Scan or Microsoft Lens.

Plus - you're posting in a thread about the Support service - if/ when you respond to this,  maybe start your own new thread to avoid hijacking this one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for your responses but I have over 20 years IT experience. If you sell a premium product then you have to provide premium support. Despite OneNote not being quite as good it is adequate so I've transferred over and cancelled Evernote. An Evernote that doesn't work correctly is worse than a OneNote that mostly does what I want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, spellfast59 said:

An Evernote that doesn't work correctly is worse than a OneNote that mostly does what I want.

You've not mentioned what these errors were so we can't really judge how serious they might be - and all subscribers get the same support service,  which is normally a day or so before a response.  Since the new owners may have guessed wrong about their support needs - and how panicked lots of users became - they got a bit overwhelmed and its more like 15 days. 

I mentioned before how difficult it can be to claw your way out of that situation,  having done it a time or two in my 40 years or so in IT with Allianz and Fujitsu.  

Sorry you were inconvenienced - enjoy OneNote.

On 11/21/2023 at 12:25 PM, gazumped said:

The fact you have an automated response,  with a ticket number,  means you have a place in the queue.  Your soup will be here soon.

5 months for one problem (making part of Evernote unusable on three PCs...)?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

5 months for one problem (making part of Evernote unusable on three PCs...)?

Evernote has worked on a desktop,  a laptop,  two tablets and a phone (Windows & Android) for me over the past year without too many issues - what was yours?

• Like 1