writing tablets for evernote?

xiangyu

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, xiangyu said:

I really like writing and drawing notes with pen, Does evernote on a tablet have handwriting recognition, and if so, which note taking tablet is better?
Are there other programs that do a good job at recognizing sloppy handwriting? If so, how do they integrate with evernote?

Hi.  

Users don't seem to see Evernote's 'Sketch' notes as a viable handwriting option, though they do promote it as here - sketch on mobile devices. There have seemed to be some particular issues with Samsung devices.

Penultimate is still an Evernote app available for iPad, but has not been updated for over a year.

The 'best' way to capture and OCR handwriting may depend on your personal usage - would us prefer to use paper and scan the results? A smart pen or pad? A separate mobile app syncing back to Evernote?

You should do an internet search for your budget, OS and available devices, but other Evernote users have suggested these options:

🔹Goodnotes - https://www.goodnotes.com (save OCR'd PDF to Evernote)

🔹Livescribe - https://uk.livescribe.com/

🔹Nebo - https://www.nebo.app

🔹Rocketbook - https://getrocketbook.co.uk

🔹Wacom - https://www.wacom.com/en-gb

• Level 5

Sketch really is no good for handwriting. It doesn’t smooth the lines over, has no palm recognition and no OCR capability (although it is covered by EN OCR on the server).

From the website I don’t see EN advertising the use for handwritten note taking.

Is there any news or status update on Evernote supporting Remarkable or any other writing tablet?  Seems like a large user base can't always type notes into a device.  Writing notes for a large percentage of people is preferable over typing in many situations.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, JCP2 said:

Is there any news or status update on Evernote supporting Remarkable or any other writing tablet?  Seems like a large user base can't always type notes into a device.  Writing notes for a large percentage of people is preferable over typing in many situations.  

Not that I’ve seem.  Most will use a tablet and an app that will export to Evernote.  I’m a fan of Nebo.

I love my Remarkable and I'm thinking of leaving Evernote due to the lack of integration. Any update from Evernote on whether this integration is in the works?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Do you actually an 'integration'?  According to the Remarkable website (I'm not a user) it's easily possible to export notes as PDF files  (amongst other types) - https://support.remarkable.com/s/article/Exporting-files - so you could use Evernote as a library of readable files.  Just attach the exported file(s) to note(s).

The exported PDFs are not editable from within Evernote if you wish to retain compatibility,  but it's possible to drag and drop an attached file from a note back into a desktop or mobile app and use Remarkable from there. 

I tend to do lots of sketching for 3D printing and suddenly I'm tempted to look into this more...

No large company is likely to announce new features unless they're ready to launch so we'll (probably) never know in advance what Evernote are planning,  but if you need more than the ability to attach a file to a note and edit it again later in Remarkable,  I'd suggest you outline exactly what you would like to see from an integration and get in touch with them direct.  (We're mainly just other users here.)

Do you actually an 'integration'?  According to the Remarkable website (I'm not a user) it's easily possible to export notes as PDF files  (amongst other types) -  - so you could use Evernote as a library of readable files.  Just attach the exported file(s) to note(s).

The exported PDFs are not editable from within Evernote if you wish to retain compatibility,  but it's possible to drag and drop an attached file from a note back into a desktop or mobile app and use Remarkable from there. 

I tend to do lots of sketching for 3D printing and suddenly I'm tempted to look into this more...

No large company is likely to announce new features unless they're ready to launch so we'll (probably) never know in advance what Evernote are planning,  but if you need more than the ability to attach a file to a note and edit it again later in Remarkable,  I'd suggest you outline exactly what you would like to see from an integration and get in touch with them direct.  (We're mainly just other users here.)  I am aware that a lot of people are currently searching for ways to locate reliable experts who can assist with texts of various levels of difficulty. For this reason, I personally advise you to check out and become acquainted with paper 24 reviews . I have discovered many helpful instructions here, become acquainted with the details of these writers, and have often acquired essay assistance from them. So study and proceed.

I agree, we are unlikely to know all the information, but there is still hope that some changes are coming soon.

• Level 5

Hope is very dim: EN uses a flavor of HTML to build notes. This is text oriented and as far from handwriting as it comes.

Write and export is what works, and I wouldn’t expect any change.

A possible solution would be to have all remarkable notes as pdf’s to a Dropbox folder and then this folder to be connected with Evernote as import folder 

• Level 5

In general I warn against using a synced folder (like a Dropbox folder on a PC) as an Import Folder. Syncing needs a little time, and during this period the new file in syncing is a temporary, incomplete copy.

EN doesn’t know this, and can try to import. Which means you get that corrupted file as attachment.

The Import Folder should be a local folder, and files should be dropped into it manually. 

From experience mass imports should be avoided - we had reports that the import stalled when several hundreds of files were moved into an import folder.