Desktop 10.65

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

• Level 5

There hasn't been an official "rolling out" message on this update, so I'm starting this to gather feedback. For one thing, there are several posts in the thread below reporting that notes cannot be deleted. If you're experiencing that or have some thoughts on it, please go there:

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Currently on Windows 10 and auto-updated to Evernote 10.65.2 with no difficulty on bulk deletions - just took out 17 notes I didn't need...  oddly this same account on Windows 11 is still at 10.64 unless I download the update manually... 

• Level 5

Thanks for posting. It explains why several users of the web client reported access problems here during the last days.

Would be nice if EN told in advance. I mean they have no issues to put full screen popup windows full of 40% discount flags in front of the clients. Why not putting something useful there instead, like "We are currently in the engine room to make a speedboat out of the crude oil carrier - and you can have it all for 40% less".

Wouldn't that be innovative ... ?

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Would be nice if EN told in advance

They REALLY need to be a little more transparent with their customer base. They need to hire a community manager. Having the product lead do everything probably isn't the best because he's got a lot going on. They need someone dedicated to informing the user base about what is going on.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm a little concerned about the absence of @Federico Simionato from the forums lately too. He said he'd had COVID a few weeks back, and I hope he hasn't been ill. With this bizarre sync issue in desktop 10.65 and the ghastly freezes in mobile 10.57, it has not felt like everyone's best work is being done.

Today, he posted on X.

https://x.com/fedesimio/status/1720109717983281394?s=20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Jun Hashimoto said:

Today, he posted on X.

Hmmn.  That thread also says he's a fan of 'collapsible notes' - presumably outliner-style paragraphs,  but there's more reliability work to do before they look at product changes...

• Level 5
16 hours ago, Jun Hashimoto said:

Many thanks, Jun. This is very encouraging. And the blog post (https://evernote.com/blog/faster-web-downsync) sounds like the changeover could explain why people have reported seeing inexplicable sync delays and errors specifically in the Web client. Hopefully once the new system is fully in place those will no longer happen.