Came from Craft, loving Evernote

Hi everyone. I have returned to evernote and wanted to share my praise for the application.

I am using Evernote for my coaching practice.  The combination of tasks + and notes linked to the calendar is invaluable - as is the ease of sharing notes with clients. 

I am finding the app stable and snappy.

I am optimistic about the direction of travel and the developers' determination. I would hope that once the core stabilises, this leaves room for more nice have's - deeper ios and mac integrations with other apps and services etc.

Please keep up the good work team. 

• Like 5
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, TeachMindset_JP said:

Please keep up the good work team. 

Full disclosure - we're mainly other users here;  Evernote staff will probably see your post in time - but for direct feedback (and Support if you need it) please contact Evernote direct: 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (subscribers)

https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (anyone)

or mail feedback@evernote.com.

5 hours ago, TeachMindset_JP said:

Hi everyone. I have returned to evernote and wanted to share my praise for the application.

Hi, I am also using Craft and Evernote, trying to work out a use case for having both as both are great.  Evernote is the faster of the two now, which a few months ago was definitely not the case. I too really like tasks - being able to root those in my info is really handy for keeping thoughts and tasks together.  

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Welcome home.

Love tasks and calendar. The home screen is the first thing I look at every morning.

Home is so handy as tasks are right there - I’m great at writing the task but then never checking! Cause they are there I find I am reminded more frequently what I still have to get done. 

Craft looks cool but they seem to not be super focused on supporting non-Apple platforms. Their Windows app is fairly new and there is no Android support. I used to be a Mac user and I'm not going back to that. I won't use a product that forces me to work in a certain way. Windows, Android, and Linux can all be extensively customized but macOS and iOS are just too walled off for my tastes. I always cringe when I see a product come out and target Apple platforms before the rest of the universe that by far chooses to use other operating systems. 

For the last 6 years I'm mostly a MacOS (and iPhone/iPad) user, but I still also need to use Windows machines as well. I love both platforms. I make sure that all of my "core" software will run on both MacOS and Windows platforms -- either through a native app (or Electron or similar) or web app. 

Craft is a pretty great app and I dabbled with it for a few weeks, but when I did, they didn't have their Windows version out yet. Even if it had, it still didn't feel as good as Evernote to me personally and so I wouldn't have migrated to it.

Evernote is a huge win for my use case as I need a great PKM app that is platform agnostic. Evernote was pretty good at it before, but the clients (and fonts/notes) looked and felt so different across the different platforms but it still worked ok. Now, with v10, it's crazy good for consistent UI and UX across all platforms that I use --> MacOS, Windows, iPadOS, iOS. Bending Spoons has hinted at doing a UI makeover/upgrade to make things even better. I'm optimistic about that and hope they can improve on what I already think is pretty great in that department.

4 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

For the last 6 years I'm mostly a MacOS (and iPhone/iPad) user, but I still also need to use Windows machines as well. I love both platforms. I make sure that all of my "core" software will run on both MacOS and Windows platforms -- either through a native app (or Electron or similar) or web app. 

Craft is a pretty great app and I dabbled with it for a few weeks, but when I did, they didn't have their Windows version out yet. Even if it had, it still didn't feel as good as Evernote to me personally and so I wouldn't have migrated to it.

Evernote is a huge win for my use case as I need a great PKM app that is platform agnostic. Evernote was pretty good at it before, but the clients (and fonts/notes) looked and felt so different across the different platforms but it still worked ok. Now, with v10, it's crazy good for consistent UI and UX across all platforms that I use --> MacOS, Windows, iPadOS, iOS. Bending Spoons has hinted at doing a UI makeover/upgrade to make things even better. I'm optimistic about that and hope they can improve on what I already think is pretty great in that department.

I just see a lot of software seems to launch any only target macOS. Arc Browser and Raycast quickly come to mind. I could never move off of Windows because my workflow is way too reliant on Directory Opus. I can't use a computer without it! Nothing like it exists on macOS or Linux.

• 4 months later...

How did you transfer all of your notes from Craft to Evernote? Evernote's importing seems to only support their native file format. I am wanting to switch over but I have hundreds of notes in Craft that I don't want to copy and paste over manually.