Can’t move notes to notebooks

Chopman

Idea

15 replies to this idea

I believe I have the same, or at least a similar problem. Frequently, though not always, Evernote will freeze up when I am trying to move notes from one notebook to another. The method that I use to initiate the move does not seem to matter. A dialogue box saying the note is moving will pop up (see attached image). If I wait a *really* long time, the note will move, so the app isn't exactly frozen, but it is faster to ⌘Q, then restart the app. It will then usually work for a bit before freezing up again, and then I ⌘Q again, restarting the cycle. It is super annoying, so if anyone knows a fix, I would appreciate it.

Using Evernote 10.58.8 on an M2 Max MacBook Pro. I've had this problem for several months.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.06.00 PM.png

Hi I went to the EN website but can find anywhere to download the right client for your platform. Install. I would like to get to 10.63.x but don't know where either in apps, the site or uninstall and reinstall. Could you provide pictures of how to do what you are asking. Thanks. 

ok I did all those things, works on my lap top. But will not even open my stack on my Iphone. Again updated my phone, updated my evernote turned off phone powered back up and still unable to move through folders on my evernote on iphone. 

Again this has never happen in all my years with evernote. 

Any additional ideas.

So @Chopman, I think there is some confusion in the thread here. You first posted about not being able to do it on iOS, then @Tucker.Lentz came along with a different problem on MacOS and then responses have been to their issue.

In my reading of it, it sounds like maybe you just don't know how to change the notebook of a note on iOS...?

What have you tried and what are you seeing? Can you post screenshots and more details? There isn't really much to go off of at this point.

When I move a note and I get to this screen for example the church stack will toggle up and down but no notebooks will appear.

i can’t select done in the upper right corner either. 

there is no option bc I can’t select a notebook. 

IMG_1075.png

IMG_1074.png

I see a similar thing -- I don't know why Stacks are all at the top and it makes it look like you can expand and collapse them. But I can also scroll all the way down and all my notebooks appear in the same list below the stacks. This is on version 10.56.

Can you swipe up (scroll down) and see all your notebooks listed below the stacks too?

32 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I can’t get the stack to open and get into the note book I want to move my note to.

What I meant to say in my comment above is that the stacks don't open. The notebooks are all listed below the stacks (and outside of the stacks) -- like this:

image.thumb.png.dcad14b2cee24ecb79dcbf073f8c5eee.png

The "Calvin and Hobbes" notebook isn't in my "Work" stack -- it's in my "Home" stack. So are the Home, Home Journal, Lighthouse, Music, and Spanish. They are all actually in my "Home" stack. All my notebooks appear at the end of all my stacks (of which I only have 3).

You have way more stacks than me so you can't see the notebooks listed below them unless you swipe up... So don't try and expand the stack. Scroll down to the bottom of all your stacks and you should see the notebooks listed there.

It seems like a bug to me -- that the notebooks should show in the stack -- but it looks like we can still get to the notebooks if we scroll down. Of course, the notebooks don't appear in the stacks, so it may be harder to find the notebook we are looking for.

33 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

It seems like a bug to me -- that the notebooks should show in the stack -- but it looks like we can still get to the notebooks if we scroll down. Of course, the notebooks don't appear in the stacks, so it may be harder to find the notebook we are looking for.

Same problems/bug here - latest Mac version as well as latest iOS version. I replied to a previous update post from @Federico Simionato about this issue of Notebooks not being in Stacks when moving notes. I have also submitted a support ticket which hilariously took the initial support agent a couple of days to see what I was trying to report before they pushed it up a level (Ticket# 3764463).

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1